1680x1050x60 on Creator 3D? - SUN

This is a discussion on 1680x1050x60 on Creator 3D? - SUN ; A friend has an ultra 10 with a Creator 3D card. He has a 22" lcd monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050x60hz. The old creator doc shows that it supports 1600x1000x66, but that doesn't sync with the monitor. He ...

  1. 1680x1050x60 on Creator 3D?

    A friend has an ultra 10 with a Creator 3D card. He has a 22" lcd
    monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050x60hz. The old creator
    doc shows that it supports 1600x1000x66, but that doesn't sync with
    the monitor.

    He can run at 1280x1024x60, but the aspect ratio is off.

    Is there any way to tweak the creator to run at his monitor
    resolution?

  2. Re: 1680x1050x60 on Creator 3D?

    wrote in message
    > A friend has an ultra 10 with a Creator 3D card. He has a 22" lcd
    > monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050x60hz. The old creator
    > doc shows that it supports 1600x1000x66, but that doesn't sync with
    > the monitor.
    >
    > He can run at 1280x1024x60, but the aspect ratio is off.
    >
    > Is there any way to tweak the creator to run at his monitor
    > resolution?

    Will the monitor accept 1600x1280?
    The Creator 3D says it will support 1600x1280x60 or 1600x1280x76.

    You can also run:

    % ffbconfig -prconf

    to see what resulutions are supported between the video card and monitor.
    At least that works on a Sun Blade 1000 with a Creator 3D.

    Even with a compatible resolution you may need to use the monitor's auto
    adjust setting and/or reboot the machine for the display to look right.

    Trinean

  3. Re: 1680x1050x60 on Creator 3D?

    On Sep 20, 6:36*pm, "Trinean" wrote:
    > wrote in message

    > Will the monitor accept 1600x1280?
    > The Creator 3D says it will support 1600x1280x60 or 1600x1280x76.

    No, its max is its native resolution of 1680x1050. This is common on
    22" monitors.

    > You can also run:
    >
    > % ffbconfig -prconf
    >
    > to see what resulutions are supported between the video card and monitor.
    > At least that works on a Sun Blade 1000 with a Creator 3D.

    Of course he did that. That only gets the same info as the original
    Creator doc, which leaves only the undesirable 1280x1024 which is 4x3
    on a 16x10 monitor.

    My real question is there newer Creator firmware or some hack for
    running the Creator outside the original spec. Admittedly the Creator
    hardware predates the common 22" 16x10 monitors.

+ Reply to Thread