cluster doesn't have operational quorum - after boot one node of thecluster - SUN

This is a discussion on cluster doesn't have operational quorum - after boot one node of thecluster - SUN ; Hi All, I'd like to ask help regarding to the problem I had which made me block. Unfortunately my investigation was not good enough. Here is the brief description below; I have a V440 cluster and one of the node ...

  1. cluster doesn't have operational quorum - after boot one node of thecluster

    Hi All,

    I'd like to ask help regarding to the problem I had which made me
    block. Unfortunately my investigation was not good enough.
    Here is the brief description below;

    I have a V440 cluster and one of the node could not boot up
    successfully, startup log says me;
    cluster doesn't have operational quorum yet; waiting for quorum.

    what I did were;
    1./ booting both nodes at the same time - didn't work
    2./ shutdown good node and only started up bad node - didn't work
    3./ replaced cluster interconnect cables with working cables - didn't
    work

    Please take a look at the startup log and let me know what I should do
    further.
    Your helps will be really appreciated for me thx,

    ++++++++++
    Rebooting with command: boot
    Boot device: disk0 File and args:
    SunOS Release 5.9 Version Generic_122300-28 64-bit
    Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Use is subject to license terms.
    /pci@1d,700000/pci@1/scsi@4 (qus0):
    initiator SCSI ID now 6
    /pci@1d,700000/pci@1/scsi@5 (qus1):
    initiator SCSI ID now 6
    /pci@1d,700000/pci@2/scsi@4 (qus2):
    initiator SCSI ID now 6
    /pci@1d,700000/pci@2/scsi@5 (qus3):
    initiator SCSI ID now 6
    Hardware watchdog enabled
    SC unretrieved msg SEP 16 09:21:50 2008 UTC [Host System has Reset]
    Starting VxVM restore daemon...
    VxVM starting in boot mode...
    NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: added disk array OTHER_DISKS, datype = OTHER_DISKS

    NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: disabled path 32/0x298 belonging to the dmpnode
    232/0x8

    NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: disabled dmpnode 232/0x8

    configuring IPv4 interfaces: ce1 ce2 ce5 ce6.
    Hostname: kadikoy
    VxVM starting special volumes ( swapvol rootvol var oracle
    rootdisk_25vol )...
    Booting as part of a cluster
    NOTICE: CMM: Node taksim (nodeid = 1) with votecount = 1 added.
    NOTICE: CMM: Node kadikoy (nodeid = 2) with votecount = 1 added.
    NOTICE: CMM: Quorum device 1 (/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2) added; votecount =
    1, bitmask of nodes with configured paths = 0x3.
    NOTICE: clcomm: Adapter ce8 constructed
    NOTICE: clcomm: Path kadikoy:ce8 - taksim:ce8 being constructed
    NOTICE: clcomm: Adapter ce4 constructed
    NOTICE: clcomm: Path kadikoy:ce4 - taksim:ce4 being constructed
    NOTICE: CMM: Node kadikoy: attempting to join cluster.
    NOTICE: clcomm: Path kadikoy:ce8 - taksim:ce8 errors during initiation
    NOTICE: clcomm: Path kadikoy:ce4 - taksim:ce4 errors during initiation
    WARNING: Path kadikoy:ce8 - taksim:ce8 initiation encountered errors,
    errno = 62. Remote node may be down or unreachable through this path.
    WARNING: Path kadikoy:ce4 - taksim:ce4 initiation encountered errors,
    errno = 62. Remote node may be down or unreachable through this path.
    NOTICE: CMM: Quorum device 1 (gdevname /dev/did/rdsk/d4s2) can not be
    acquired by the current cluster members. This quorum device is held by
    node 1.
    NOTICE: CMM: Cluster doesn't have operational quorum yet; waiting for
    quorum.
    NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: enabled path 32/0x298 belonging to the dmpnode
    232/0x8

    NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: enabled dmpnode 232/0x8

    ++++++++++

  2. Re: cluster doesn't have operational quorum - after boot one node ofthe cluster

    On Sep 17, 9:48*am, Halit wrote:
> [...]
    > NOTICE: clcomm: Path kadikoy:ce8 - taksim:ce8 errors during initiation
    > NOTICE: clcomm: Path kadikoy:ce4 - taksim:ce4 errors during initiation
    > WARNING: Path kadikoy:ce8 - taksim:ce8 initiation encountered errors,
    > errno = 62. Remote node may be down or unreachable through this path.
    > WARNING: Path kadikoy:ce4 - taksim:ce4 initiation encountered errors,
    > errno = 62. Remote node may be down or unreachable through this path.
    > NOTICE: CMM: Quorum device 1 (gdevname /dev/did/rdsk/d4s2) can not be
    > acquired by the current cluster members. This quorum device is held by
    > node 1.
    > NOTICE: CMM: Cluster doesn't have operational quorum yet; waiting for
    > quorum.
    > NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: enabled path 32/0x298 belonging to the dmpnode
    > 232/0x8
    >
    > NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: enabled dmpnode 232/0x8

    hey all,

    we disabled the ipf scripts from rc2.d and reboot and it is fixed.
    I really dont understand, we have other v440 clusters and have ipf
    working fine and let me say previous maintenance operations on this
    machine was related with interfaces or ipf.

    hope the post will be useful ...
    Halit

+ Reply to Thread