Serial Connection - SUN

This is a discussion on Serial Connection - SUN ; I have connected to a Cisco router using a serial connection. I have never connected to a sun system using it's serial port. Can any one tell me the steps using a laptop to make a serial connection to a ...

  1. Serial Connection

    I have connected to a Cisco router using a serial connection. I have
    never connected to a sun system using it's serial port. Can any one
    tell me the steps using a laptop to make a serial connection to a sun
    sys?

  2. Re: Serial Connection

    Howard Huntley writes:

    > I have connected to a Cisco router using a serial connection. I have
    >never connected to a sun system using it's serial port. Can any one
    >tell me the steps using a laptop to make a serial connection to a sun
    >sys?

    You've left out a bunch of information.

    1) What model Sun system?
    2) Which serial port on the Sun? (what does the label say on the plug)
    3) Is the Sun connector one of the ones like an ethernet jack?
    Was the cisco port also like an ethernet jack?
    4) What make/model laptop?
    5) Is the laptop running Solaris? Linux? Windows? MacOSX?

    -Greg
    --
    Do NOT reply via e-mail.
    Reply in the newsgroup.