Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem - SUN

This is a discussion on Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem - SUN ; Hello, I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5. One oracle instance is running fine on node1, while when we try to start ...

  1. Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    Hello,
    I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
    shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
    One oracle instance is running fine on node1, while when we try to
    start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.

    Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.

    Regards,
    Muhammad

  2. Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    In article
    <138e5077-e153-463d-9b36-32272aa31fdc@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    Goni wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
    > shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
    > One oracle instance is running fine on node1, while when we try to
    > start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.
    >
    > Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Muhammad

    I'm sure you've logged a TAR with Oracle before posting here, right?
    What clueless business would buy such hardware and run Oracle without
    any sort of support contact?

    [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored]

  3. Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    Goni wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
    > shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
    > One oracle instance is running fine on node1, while when we try to
    > start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.
    >
    > Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Muhammad

    it sounds like you have a corrupted /etc/shadow file.

    remove it and reboot the machines.

  4. Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    On Sep 9, 8:06*am, Cydrome Leader wrote:
    > Goni wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
    > > shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
    > > One oracle instance *is running fine on node1, while when we try to
    > > start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.

    > > Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.

    > > Regards,
    > > Muhammad

    > it sounds like you have a corrupted /etc/shadow file.
    >
    > remove it and reboot the machines.

    Corrupt shadow file?? How that makes any relation??

    BTW: The problem got fixed automatically. The crsd daemon was not able
    to start. It somehow auto-magically started and everything is looking
    good now. Still not able to find out why and where was the problem.

    Muhammad

  5. Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    On Sep 9, 2:43*am, Michael Vilain wrote:
    > In article
    > <138e5077-e153-463d-9b36-32272aa31...@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > *Goni wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
    > > shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
    > > One oracle instance *is running fine on node1, while when we try to
    > > start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.

    > > Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.

    > > Regards,
    > > Muhammad

    > I'm sure you've logged a TAR with Oracle before posting here, right? *
    > What clueless business would buy such hardware and run Oracle without
    > any sort of support contact?
    >
    > --
    > DeeDee, don't press that button! *DeeDee! *NO! *Dee...
    > [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored]

    Well, there's a P1 support case logged in. I was just trying to get
    some information out here as you know the crappy support you get from
    Oracle. We were able to fix the issue by ourselves and Oracle still
    investigating the issue. Don't want to stat a thread about your
    questions posted, just trying to get some help, if you can do that.

    Muhammad

  6. Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    Goni wrote:
    > On Sep 9, 8:06?am, Cydrome Leader wrote:
    >> Goni wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hello,
    >> > I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
    >> > shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
    >> > One oracle instance ?is running fine on node1, while when we try to
    >> > start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.

    >> > Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.

    >> > Regards,
    >> > Muhammad

    >> it sounds like you have a corrupted /etc/shadow file.
    >>
    >> remove it and reboot the machines.

    > Corrupt shadow file?? How that makes any relation??

    It's a joke- like asking for help with RAC on usenet.

  7. Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

    On Sep 9, 11:57*pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
    > Goni wrote:

    > >> it sounds like you have a corrupted /etc/shadow file.

    > >> remove it and reboot the machines.

    > > Corrupt shadow file?? How that makes any relation??

    > It's a joke- like asking for help with RAC on usenet.

    U know, I was up for like 24+ hours and my ability to feel a humor was
    almost lost when while I was reading your post. But anyway, I was so
    desperate for solution that for a while I tought, may /etc/shadow ...
    but then I said man .. what the hell ..

    Muhammad

+ Reply to Thread