Re: CD drive in one Sun Ultra 30 to be moved to my regular Ultra 30 - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: CD drive in one Sun Ultra 30 to be moved to my regular Ultra 30 - SUN ; "Barry L. Bond" wrote in message news:48c1ffd8$0$5590$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshostin g.com... > I see screws that holds the CD drive in on this side. > > I suspect (because I've done this in my Linux system -- on BOTH > sides) that there ...

  1. Re: CD drive in one Sun Ultra 30 to be moved to my regular Ultra 30

    "Barry L. Bond" wrote in message
    news:48c1ffd8$0$5590$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshostin g.com...
    > I see screws that holds the CD drive in on this side.
    >
    > I suspect (because I've done this in my Linux system -- on BOTH
    > sides) that there are screws on the other side that also must be removed.
    >
    > Before I break something, there must be a "nice" way to get the RIGHT
    > side of the cabinet open, so that I can remove those screws, too!
    >
    > Goal: remove that CD drive and place it in my Ultra 30, after of
    > course removing it.

    Download the service manual for the Ultra 30 from Sun in PDF format at:

    http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/802-7719-12/802-7719-12.pdf

    It will tell you all the necessary steps to replace a CD-ROM drive.
    The RMA has to come out which gives access to the other side.

    The Ultra 30 came out in 1997 so it's probably over 10 years old now.

    Trinean

  2. Re: CD drive in one Sun Ultra 30 to be moved to my regular Ultra 30

    Hi Trinean!

    >Download the service manual for the Ultra 30 from Sun in PDF format at:

    >http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/802-7719-12/802-7719-12.pdf

    Thank you so very much! That is exactly what I needed!

    I'm happy! :-)

    Barry
    --
    Barry L. Bond | http://home.cfl.rr.com/os9barry/
    Software Engineer, ITT Corporation | (My personal home web page, last

+ Reply to Thread