Sync. Out of Range error - SUN

This is a discussion on Sync. Out of Range error - SUN ; Just bought used SunBlade 2000. Trying to install OS - Solaris 10_5. booting from cdrom. After following lines .. Begining system identification .. Searching for config file .. Search complete .. Discovering additional network config Getting blank screen and floating ...

  1. Sync. Out of Range error

    Just bought used SunBlade 2000. Trying to install OS - Solaris 10_5.
    booting from cdrom. After following lines
    .. Begining system identification
    .. Searching for config file
    .. Search complete
    .. Discovering additional network config

    Getting blank screen and floating "Sync. Out of Range" error.
    Earlier during the boot the warning: pcisch1: ino 0x4 blocked also displayed
    Thank you for any hint,

    Emanuel

  2. Re: Sync. Out of Range error

    Emanuel Marciniak wrote:
    > Just bought used SunBlade 2000. Trying to install OS - Solaris 10_5.
    > booting from cdrom. After following lines
    > . Begining system identification
    > . Searching for config file
    > . Search complete
    > . Discovering additional network config
    >
    > Getting blank screen and floating "Sync. Out of Range" error.
    > Earlier during the boot the warning: pcisch1: ino 0x4 blocked also displayed
    > Thank you for any hint,
    >
    > Emanuel

    Your monitor is not compatible with your video settings! Either replace
    your monitor or change your video settings to something less demanding.

  3. Re: Sync. Out of Range error

    "Richard B. Gilbert" wrote in message
    news:UIOdnVjoU40OGl_VnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Emanuel Marciniak wrote:
    >> Just bought used SunBlade 2000. Trying to install OS - Solaris 10_5.
    >> booting from cdrom. After following lines
    >> . Begining system identification
    >> . Searching for config file
    >> . Search complete
    >> . Discovering additional network config
    >>
    >> Getting blank screen and floating "Sync. Out of Range" error.
    >> Earlier during the boot the warning: pcisch1: ino 0x4 blocked also
    >> displayed
    >> Thank you for any hint,
    >>
    >> Emanuel

    > Your monitor is not compatible with your video settings! Either replace
    > your monitor or change your video settings to something less demanding.

    Thank you for replay, yes the graphic card is vxr-1000 and I do not have a
    software for it. Will install standard graphic card. Was able to install OS
    using text mode.

  4. Re: Sync. Out of Range error

    Emanuel Marciniak wrote:
    > "Richard B. Gilbert" wrote in message
    > news:UIOdnVjoU40OGl_VnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >> Emanuel Marciniak wrote:
    >>> Just bought used SunBlade 2000. Trying to install OS - Solaris 10_5.
    >>> booting from cdrom. After following lines
    >>> . Begining system identification
    >>> . Searching for config file
    >>> . Search complete
    >>> . Discovering additional network config
    >>>
    >>> Getting blank screen and floating "Sync. Out of Range" error.
    >>> Earlier during the boot the warning: pcisch1: ino 0x4 blocked also
    >>> displayed
    >>> Thank you for any hint,
    >>>
    >>> Emanuel

    >> Your monitor is not compatible with your video settings! Either replace
    >> your monitor or change your video settings to something less demanding.

    > Thank you for replay, yes the graphic card is vxr-1000 and I do not have a
    > software for it. Will install standard graphic card. Was able to install OS
    > using text mode.

    Sun does not offer a "vxr-1000". Perhaps you meant "xvr-1000"??

    I'm inclined to doubt that your problem is lack of the proper driver.
    The XVR-1000 is listed as supported for "Solaris 8 and later".

    What I suspect is that your XVR-1000 is using a resolution that your
    monitor does not support! The XVR-1000 supports up to 1920 x 1200 at 60
    Hz refresh rate which is an extremely high resolution; one not supported
    by very many monitors. Ideally you should have at least a 19" monitor
    for 1280x1024. I suspect that you would need something like a 24"
    monitor to obtain a usable display at 1920x1200!

    Try:
    # fbconfig -propt
    to see what resolution you are trying to use. fbconfig can also be used
    to change the resolution settings. See man fbconfig.

+ Reply to Thread