Can't open boot device - SUN

This is a discussion on Can't open boot device - SUN ; Hi, I'm trying to install Solaris 10 on a Sun Ultra 2 but I get the following message "Can't open boot device". I get this message after the boot cdrom command. I know the CDROM works in that I was ...

  1. Can't open boot device

    Hi,

    I'm trying to install Solaris 10 on a Sun Ultra 2 but I get the following
    message "Can't open boot device". I get this message after the boot cdrom
    command.

    I know the CDROM works in that I was able to read software from a Solais 8
    CD.

    I downloaded the Solaris 10 software from Sun and then unzipped and copied
    to a CD.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Can't open boot device

    "paddy_nyr" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to install Solaris 10 on a Sun Ultra 2 but I get the following
    > message "Can't open boot device". I get this message after the boot cdrom
    > command.
    >
    > I know the CDROM works in that I was able to read software from a Solais 8
    > CD.
    >
    > I downloaded the Solaris 10 software from Sun and then unzipped and copied
    > to a CD.
    >
    > Thanks

    I ordered my Solaris disk as it was too much for me to download...
    but I assume you mean DVD.
    At any rate
    but you cannot make a bootable CD/DVD by simply coping the files to your
    CD/DVD

    if they were in an .iso format, you need to use the "burn image" feature of
    your CD/DVD burning software

+ Reply to Thread