Hello Everyone,
My customer has the following setup

root@hostname # uname -a
SunOS hostname 5.10 Generic_127111-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12
root@hostname # pkginfo -l VRTSvxvm
PKGINST: VRTSvxvm
VERSION: 5.0,REV=05.11.2006.17.55
PSTAMP: Veritas-5.0_MP1_RP4.4:2007-12-30
root@hostname # powermt version
EMC powermt for PowerPath (c) Version 5.1.0 (build 248)

The system is a production machine running Veritas Cluster 5.0 in
Active/Passive configuration. It is a 3 node cluster. Got quite a
strange issue while 3 new 2-Way Mirrors were masked to the machine.
After masking these devices, I was able see and access them with their
power device names. While trying to add the devices to Veritas volume
group;

root@hostname # vxconfigd -k
pp_claim_device: Could not get device number for /dev/rdsk/emcpower73
VxVM vxconfigd ERROR V-5-1-8646 Error in claiming /dev/rdsk/
emcpower73: No such file or directory
pp_claim_device: Could not get device number for /dev/rdsk/emcpower72
VxVM vxconfigd ERROR V-5-1-8646 Error in claiming /dev/rdsk/
emcpower72: No such file or directory
pp_claim_device: Could not get device number for /dev/rdsk/emcpower71
VxVM vxconfigd ERROR V-5-1-8646 Error in claiming /dev/rdsk/
emcpower71: No such file or directory

I simply removed the links for /dev/rdsk/emcpower71,72 and 73 run the
command again and vx was able to see these disks in vxdisk list. The
reason I am sharing this information is to find out if this a Solaris
bug which dev entries are not being treated properly by devfsadm or
any step which I am missing. There is already a document on primus
emc152717 which describes the same situation but does not states any
root case.

Regards,
Muhammad Naseer