SC password Reset - SUN

This is a discussion on SC password Reset - SUN ; I just received a SunFire v245 that was pre-configured by a colleague. Unfortunately they cannot recall the SC password. I can only access the system through serial management port with my laptop. Is there anyway to clear the SC password? ...

  1. SC password Reset

    I just received a SunFire v245 that was pre-configured by a
    colleague.

    Unfortunately they cannot recall the SC password. I can only access
    the system
    through serial management port with my laptop.

    Is there anyway to clear the SC password?

    I've tried hitting break after restarting the system, and hitting "R"
    on the menu
    that comes up for "restart SC", but that doesn't reset the password.

    Any help appreciated.

    Yours,

    Stuart

  2. Re: SC password Reset

    On Sep 2, 2:01 pm, Stuart wrote:
    > I just received a SunFire v245 that was pre-configured by a
    > colleague.
    >
    > Unfortunately they cannot recall the SC password. I can only access
    > the system
    > through serial management port with my laptop.
    >
    > Is there anyway to clear the SC password?
    >
    > I've tried hitting break after restarting the system, and hitting "R"
    > on the menu
    > that comes up for "restart SC", but that doesn't reset the password.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Stuart

    Actually, I figured this out. Nevermind.

    Stuart

  3. Re: SC password Reset

    Hi there,
    Could you please share with me how you did? I have lost the password and I tried to make a hard restart (pulling out the power cables), then from the serial connection I pressed Esc and got the menu up. Though, selecting the R option only takes me to another menu but there is no option to reset the password anywhere.

    Your help would be very appreciated.

    BR
    Sam

  4. Thumbs up Re: SC password Reset

    Hi,

    just connect to the Alom in serial port. and power down the server and remove the power cards wait some seconds.Again u pluged the power card Alom booting that time u press EScap Key
    one ALOM menu it will come u press E for erase the alom nvram variables and press r to return
    now u can login admin user without password (All ALOM NVRAM settings are reset to the factory defaults.
    )

  5. Re: SC password Reset

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    On Sep 2, 2:01 pm, Stuart wrote:
    > I just received a SunFire v245 that was pre-configured by a
    > colleague.
    >
    > Unfortunately they cannot recall the SC password. I can only access
    > the system
    > through serial management port with my laptop.
    >
    > Is there anyway to clear the SC password?
    >
    > I've tried hitting break after restarting the system, and hitting "R"
    > on the menu
    > that comes up for "restart SC", but that doesn't reset the password.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Stuart

    Actually, I figured this out. Nevermind.

    Stuart
    Hi,

    By chance you recall the fix? I'm in the exact situation where I too do not have info to the SC or NetMgt port and system OS is not online and would like to set everything back to default. Like you previously...can only access via serial connection off a laptop.

    Thx.

+ Reply to Thread