Best place to sell Sun equipment, warranty question - SUN

This is a discussion on Best place to sell Sun equipment, warranty question - SUN ; I have a 3 month old X4200 M2 that I no longer need. Is eBay my best option for disposing of this? I am in Sydney, Australia. Given that these machines come with a 3 year warranty, would this transferable ...

  1. Best place to sell Sun equipment, warranty question

    I have a 3 month old X4200 M2 that I no longer need.

    Is eBay my best option for disposing of this? I am in Sydney, Australia.

    Given that these machines come with a 3 year warranty, would this
    transferable to a purchasing party?

    Thanks,

    Scott

  2. Re: Best place to sell Sun equipment, warranty question

    Scott Eade wrote:
    > I have a 3 month old X4200 M2 that I no longer need.
    >
    > Is eBay my best option for disposing of this? I am in Sydney, Australia.
    >
    > Given that these machines come with a 3 year warranty, would this
    > transferable to a purchasing party?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

    I would have thought that reading the conditions of the warranty would
    have answered the last part.

  3. Re: Best place to sell Sun equipment, warranty question

    "Scott Eade" wrote in message
    news:q4KdnWnc9oXssCbVnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@westnet.com. au...
    > I have a 3 month old X4200 M2 that I no longer need.
    >
    > Is eBay my best option for disposing of this? I am in Sydney, Australia.
    >
    > Given that these machines come with a 3 year warranty, would this
    > transferable to a purchasing party?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

    The Sun Limited Warranty is extended only to the original purchaser or
    original lessee of the Hardware Product and may be void in the event that
    the Hardware Product is transferred. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing
    by Sun, warranties are valid only: (i) within the original country of
    purchase; or (ii) if the original country of purchase is in the European
    Union, within the European Union, subject to the availability of the
    warranty delivery capability in the country. Hardware Products that are
    installed outside the country of purchase may be eligible for warranty
    services if you have executed and are in conformity with a current Passport
    or Global Purchase Agreement and have provided Sun with the required
    installation reports. Sun does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free
    operation of Hardware Products.

    Trinean

+ Reply to Thread