Adding a line for an array to vfstab - SUN

This is a discussion on Adding a line for an array to vfstab - SUN ; The last time I added a line for an array to vfstab I had to reinstall the system. This is the mount line "mount /dev/md/dsk/d2 /storage/data1" I don't necessarily want to scan the mirrored array. The line mounts the array ...

  1. Adding a line for an array to vfstab

    The last time I added a line for an array to vfstab I had to
    reinstall the system. This is the mount line "mount /dev/md/dsk/d2
    /storage/data1" I don't necessarily want to scan the mirrored array.
    The line mounts the array fine. this is my first time adding a
    mirrored array to the vfstab, Can any one give me some pointers.

    Adding a line for an array to vfstab
    --

  2. Re: Adding a line for an array to vfstab

    Howard Huntley wrote:
    > The last time I added a line for an array to vfstab I had to
    > reinstall the system. This is the mount line "mount /dev/md/dsk/d2
    > /storage/data1" I don't necessarily want to scan the mirrored array.
    > The line mounts the array fine. this is my first time adding a
    > mirrored array to the vfstab, Can any one give me some pointers.
    >

    > Adding a line for an array to vfstab

    how about

    /dev/md/dsk/d2 /dev/md/rdsk/d2 /storage/data1 ufs 2 yes

    The top of /etc/vfstab in solaris even explains the columns and what they
    represent.

    man mount for more info on this.

    If you want all the details on how your mounts are really setup cat
    /etc/mnttab or run mount -p

  3. Re: Adding a line for an array to vfstab

    Thanks a lot, That solved my problems. My next step is to install a
    graphical ftp client and some graphical tape software.

    Cydrome Leader wrote:

    >Howard Huntley wrote:
    >> The last time I added a line for an array to vfstab I had to
    >> reinstall the system. This is the mount line "mount /dev/md/dsk/d2
    >> /storage/data1" I don't necessarily want to scan the mirrored array.
    >> The line mounts the array fine. this is my first time adding a
    >> mirrored array to the vfstab, Can any one give me some pointers.
    >>

    >> Adding a line for an array to vfstab

    >how about
    >
    >/dev/md/dsk/d2 /dev/md/rdsk/d2 /storage/data1 ufs 2 yes
    >
    >The top of /etc/vfstab in solaris even explains the columns and what they
    >represent.
    >

    >man mount for more info on this.
    >
    >If you want all the details on how your mounts are really setup cat
    >/etc/mnttab or run mount -p

+ Reply to Thread