Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards? - SUN

This is a discussion on Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards? - SUN ; So what is the difference between Sun Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?...

  1. Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    So what is the difference between Sun Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

  2. Re: Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    "SQ" wrote in message news:aee4991d-4c3c-4e6f-a936-e6c71d686f32@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

    > So what is the difference between Sun Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    Type 6 Type 7
    No longer manufactured Currently being sold
    No USB ports on keyboard Two USB ports on top and 1 on bottom
    Not ROHS compliant ROHS Compliant

    Other than the general different in the shape of the keyboards, some systems need newer firmware to recognize Type 7 keyboards.

    I like the Type 7 keyboard especially now that I'm used to it.
    Particularly nice is the Type 7 mouse which is an optical scroll mouse.

    Trinean

  3. Re: Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    On Aug 23, 4:07 pm, "Trinean" wrote:

    > I like the Type 7 keyboard especially now that I'm used to it.
    > Particularly nice is the Type 7 mouse which is an optical scroll mouse.
    >
    > Trinean

    Thanks for reply. I have an Ultra 40 that needs Type 7 keyboard.
    I too noticed big difference between older mechanical type mouse
    and the newer optical scroll mouse.

  4. Re: Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:29:57 -0700 (PDT), SQ wrote:

    >So what is the difference between Sun Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    Type 1

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  5. Re: Difference between Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    SQ schrieb:
    > So what is the difference between Sun Type 6 and Type 7 keyboards?

    I'd say better haptics. You more or less can forget about the useless
    usb-hub in the type 7, which was for me one of the initial buying points...

    - Thomas

+ Reply to Thread