Solaris 10 5/08 installation on UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine - SUN

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 5/08 installation on UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine - SUN ; Hello all, I have a Sun axi motherboard and i like install solaris 10 5/08 on it. I did not found the UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine in solaris 10 HCL, but i have an other Axi with solaris Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC ...

  1. Solaris 10 5/08 installation on UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine

    Hello all,
    I have a Sun axi motherboard and i like install solaris 10 5/08 on it.
    I did not found the UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine in solaris 10 HCL, but i
    have an other Axi with solaris
    Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC
    Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Use is subject to license terms.
    Assembled 09 June 2006
    installed on it.
    The working Axi uname -a is
    SunOS rave 5.10 Generic_137111-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-
    Engine Solaris
    When i try to install solaris 10 5/08 the installation start, the scsi
    cdrom light blink and then the system hang before any video message. I
    tried graphic and non graphic installation.
    Thanks.

    Alberto

  2. Re: Solaris 10 5/08 installation on UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine

    It was a stupid problem the vga card, it was not in the correct pci
    slot.
    With solaris 10 5/08 there is also another problem with the ps2
    keyboard/mouse, you cannot use it, there is a kernel bug.
    I installed solaris with sun keyboard.
    Thanks.

    Alberto

+ Reply to Thread