scadm equivalent on T5120 servers - SUN

This is a discussion on scadm equivalent on T5120 servers - SUN ; Hi everyone, I wondering what is scadm equivalent on T5120 servers? I just want to be able to modify console settings from the server itself, can we still do that with this ILOM thing? I was used to ALOM and ...

  1. scadm equivalent on T5120 servers

    Hi everyone,

    I wondering what is scadm equivalent on T5120 servers? I just want to
    be able to modify console settings from the server itself, can we
    still do that with this ILOM thing? I was used to ALOM and now I
    pretty much deceived to see it's getting quite a bit more complicated
    with ILOM...

    root@servername:/ >ls -l /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/scadm
    /usr/platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120/sbin/scadm: No such file or
    directory

  2. Re: scadm equivalent on T5120 servers

    On Jun 12, 3:59 pm, supergumby wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I wondering what is scadm equivalent on T5120 servers? I just want to
    > be able to modify console settings from the server itself, can we
    > still do that with this ILOM thing? I was used to ALOM and now I
    > pretty much deceived to see it's getting quite a bit more complicated
    > with ILOM...
    >
    > root@servername:/ >ls -l /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/scadm
    > /usr/platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120/sbin/scadm: No such file or
    > directory

    From those who were looking for the same, I just booked a case at Sun
    and they confirmed "There is no scadm equivalent for ilom systems.
    While this system can be set up to use ALOM scadm cannot be used on
    this system"

    So if you screw up with NET MGT port IP, get you old PC with serial
    port plugged back in the SERial MGT port and reconfigure. That's
    basically it.

+ Reply to Thread