[Cobalt_users] Burning RaQ4-20022007.iso from Zeffie to 80 minCD-R? File too big? - SUN

This is a discussion on [Cobalt_users] Burning RaQ4-20022007.iso from Zeffie to 80 minCD-R? File too big? - SUN ; Hi, I've purchased and now downloaded Zeffie's updated Raq4 restore CD image and I've encountered a problem getting it burnt to a CD-R I'm only finding 700 MB (80 min) CD-R's available and the filesize of the Zeffie restore CD ...

  1. [Cobalt_users] Burning RaQ4-20022007.iso from Zeffie to 80 minCD-R? File too big?

    Hi,

    I've purchased and now downloaded Zeffie's updated Raq4 restore CD image
    and I've encountered a problem getting it burnt to a CD-R

    I'm only finding 700 MB (80 min) CD-R's available and the filesize of the
    Zeffie restore CD ISO file is bigger than the reported capacity of my
    current bundle of CD-R's. I only have a normal CD-R drive available at the
    moment (connected to my Sunblade 1000 workstation) so I'm trying to use
    that.

    I keep getting this error out of the Solaris 9 'cdrw' utility using my 8x
    write-speed Teac CD-R drive:

    1614 craig@lios #----> cdrw -i RaQ4-20022007.iso
    Looking for CD devices... Initializing device...done.
    Size required (703696896 bytes) is greater than available space (681986048
    bytes).

    Are there any larger-capacity CD-R's around or is the only way to get this
    burnt to a disk to use a DVD-R instead?

    Craig.

    --
    Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick".
    Email 2 "cdewick@lios.apana.org.au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org"

  2. Re: [Cobalt_users] Burning RaQ4-20022007.iso from Zeffie to 80 minCD-R?File too big?

    Craig Dewick wrote:

    > Are there any larger-capacity CD-R's around or is the only way to get
    > this burnt to a disk to use a DVD-R instead?

    Yes, I've got some TDK 800 MB CD-R's. I dont think they are too hard to
    find - I think I got mine from Amazon.

    I have fitted a DVD writer in my Blade 2000. Bought an IDE DVD writer,
    and SCSI-> converter

    Optiarc Sony-NEC EIDE Bare (Black) AD-7203A-0B 20x12x DVD, 48x CD, 12x
    DVD-RAM, LabelFlash Black

    Acard Internal Adapter AEC-7720U IDE device to SCSI-Narrow system

    They work very well together and the Sun boots fine from the DVD drive.

  3. Re: [Cobalt_users] Burning RaQ4-20022007.iso from Zeffie to 80 minCD-R? File too big?

    Dave writes:

    >Craig Dewick wrote:

    >> Are there any larger-capacity CD-R's around or is the only way to get
    >> this burnt to a disk to use a DVD-R instead?

    >Yes, I've got some TDK 800 MB CD-R's. I dont think they are too hard to
    >find - I think I got mine from Amazon.

    Ah ok I didn't know there were 90 min CDR's available - but I've located
    some locally so will grab a bundle and go forth with the Raq4 OS restoration
    using Zeffie's upgraded restore CD image.

    Craig.

    --
    Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick".
    Email 2 "cdewick@lios.apana.org.au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org"