Disk IOPS - SUN

This is a discussion on Disk IOPS - SUN ; Hello, I 'd like to find an article or a chart who compares the iops between the different disk interfaces (SAS, SATA, FC), according the speed and the size. Thank you (Excuse my very poor english)...

  1. Disk IOPS

    Hello,

    I 'd like to find an article or a chart who compares the iops between the
    different disk interfaces (SAS, SATA, FC), according the speed and the size.

    Thank you

    (Excuse my very poor english)

  2. Re: Disk IOPS

    Philippe Mary wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I 'd like to find an article or a chart who compares the iops between the
    > different disk interfaces (SAS, SATA, FC), according the speed and the size.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > (Excuse my very poor english)

    Your English is better than my French! Don't worry about it.

    What is "IOPS"?

  3. Re: Disk IOPS

    Hello,

    It's the number of IO per second.
    (IOPS = Input Output Per Second.)

    Philippe

    "Richard B. Gilbert" a écrit dans le message de
    news: RJGdnXKELpuY37nVnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@comcast.com...
    > Philippe Mary wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I 'd like to find an article or a chart who compares the iops between the
    >> different disk interfaces (SAS, SATA, FC), according the speed and the
    >> size.
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> (Excuse my very poor english)

    > Your English is better than my French! Don't worry about it.
    >
    > What is "IOPS"?

  4. Re: Disk IOPS

    Philippe Mary wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > It's the number of IO per second.
    > (IOPS = Input Output Per Second.)
    >
    > Philippe
    >

    > "Richard B. Gilbert" a écrit dans le message de
    > news: RJGdnXKELpuY37nVnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@comcast.com...
    >> Philippe Mary wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I 'd like to find an article or a chart who compares the iops between the
    >>> different disk interfaces (SAS, SATA, FC), according the speed and the
    >>> size.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you
    >>>
    >>> (Excuse my very poor english)

    >> Your English is better than my French! Don't worry about it.
    >>
    >> What is "IOPS"?

    As far as i know, it must be Input Output Operations per second.
    eg. About numbers of seeks/jobs per seconds.
    Can be found from the manufacturers homepage for the disk.
    /Jorgen

  5. Re: Disk IOPS

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:44:08 +0200, Jorgen Moquist wrote:

    > Philippe Mary top posts:
    >> It's the number of IO per second.
    >> (IOPS = Input Output Per Second.)
    >> "Richard B. Gilbert" a écrit dans le message de
    >> news: RJGdnXKELpuY37nVnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@comcast.com...
    >>> Your English is better than my French! Don't worry about it.
    >>> What is "IOPS"?

    > As far as i know, it must be Input Output Operations per second.
    > eg. About numbers of seeks/jobs per seconds.
    > Can be found from the manufacturers homepage for the disk.

    Sorry chiming in a bit late but Im gradually weening myself from Google
    Groups and catching up. Anyway - I dont know what good IOPs per disk
    really tells you. Conventional wisdom suggests FC/AL will give you the
    most IOPs from a 4 Gb/s SAN environment... Assuming its 4 Gb/s throughout
    and thers LOTs of platters. But of course there are other factors that
    could influence the actual performance irrespective of the SANs
    potential throughput.

    This isnt the best news group to ask questions like this especially
    when there is so little context from the OP!

+ Reply to Thread