USB on Blade 2000 - SUN

This is a discussion on USB on Blade 2000 - SUN ; Are the USB connectors on a Blade 2000 USB 2.0 or not? I'm finding USB quite slow and are wondering if its 1.x. If it is 1.x, are there any cheap PCI cards available which support USB 2 and for ...

  1. USB on Blade 2000

    Are the USB connectors on a Blade 2000 USB 2.0 or not? I'm finding USB
    quite slow and are wondering if its 1.x.

    If it is 1.x, are there any cheap PCI cards available which support USB
    2 and for which drivers are available for Solaris 10? If so, what
    make/models?

    Dave

  2. Re: USB on Blade 2000

    On Wed, 07 May 2008 19:12:13 +0100
    Dave wrote:

    > Are the USB connectors on a Blade 2000 USB 2.0 or not? I'm finding
    > USB quite slow and are wondering if its 1.x.
    >
    > If it is 1.x, are there any cheap PCI cards available which support
    > USB 2 and for which drivers are available for Solaris 10? If so, what
    > make/models?
    >
    > Dave

    Hi
    Not sure about the 2000, but here is a link for the cards.

    http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/i...trolers22.html

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-smp

  3. Re: USB on Blade 2000

    On 2008-05-07, Dave wrote:
    > Are the USB connectors on a Blade 2000 USB 2.0 or not? I'm finding USB
    > quite slow and are wondering if its 1.x.

    [huge@anubis ~]: uname -a
    SunOS anubis 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000

    It lies. It's a 2000.

    [huge@anubis ~]:
    [huge@anubis ~]: dmesg | grep USB
    May 7 12:37:48 anubis usba: [ID 912658 kern.info] USB 1.0 device (usb430,5) operating at low speed (USB 1.x) on USB 1.10 root hub: keyboard@1, hid5 at bus address 2
    May 7 12:37:49 anubis usba: [ID 912658 kern.info] USB 2.0 device (usb5e3,608) operating at full speed (USB 1.x) on USB 1.10 root hub: hub@2, hubd0 at bus address 3
    May 7 12:37:49 anubis usba: [ID 349649 kern.info] USB2.0 Hub
    May 7 12:37:49 anubis usba: [ID 912658 kern.info] USB 2.0 device (usb46d,c016) operating at low speed (USB 1.x) on USB 2.0 external hub: mouse@1, hid1 at bus address 4
    May 7 12:37:49 anubis usba: [ID 349649 kern.info] Logitech Optical USB Mouse

    Hmmm, not definitive, is it? I'd say that looks like 1.0.

    [email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org uk]

  4. Re: USB on Blade 2000

    Dave schrieb:
    > Are the USB connectors on a Blade 2000 USB 2.0 or not? I'm finding USB
    > quite slow and are wondering if its 1.x.

    They are 1.x.

    > If it is 1.x, are there any cheap PCI cards available which support USB
    > 2 and for which drivers are available for Solaris 10? If so, what
    > make/models?

    I have installed a cheap 4 USB card in my Blade 2000. NEC chipset is
    recommended for Solaris 10 as it is said to have the best driver.

    Andreas

  5. Re: USB on Blade 2000

    Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
    > Dave schrieb:
    >> Are the USB connectors on a Blade 2000 USB 2.0 or not? I'm finding USB
    >> quite slow and are wondering if its 1.x.

    > They are 1.x.

    Thanks. I was heggining to wonder if it might be, as my USB disk was so
    sloooooooooooow.

    >> If it is 1.x, are there any cheap PCI cards available which support USB
    >> 2 and for which drivers are available for Solaris 10? If so, what
    >> make/models?

    > I have installed a cheap 4 USB card in my Blade 2000. NEC chipset is
    > recommended for Solaris 10 as it is said to have the best driver.

    Cheers.

    > Andreas

+ Reply to Thread