Annex and SunFire V440 - SUN

This is a discussion on Annex and SunFire V440 - SUN ; Hello all, I'm trying to getting out from this problem. I've an Annex micro XL and a SunFire V440. SunFire has a Rj45 serial port. Using a standard network cable cause not talkign the annex with SunFire. I've tested also ...

  1. Annex and SunFire V440

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to getting out from this problem. I've an Annex micro XL and
    a SunFire V440. SunFire has a Rj45 serial port. Using a standard network
    cable cause not talkign the annex with SunFire. I've tested also a
    crossover ethernet cable without working and a cable was already
    attached to the annex named E220#I.NET CABLE (seems a network cable)
    without working

    There's a particular cabling scheme to get connected from annex to
    SUnFire serial port?

    Thanks

    Stefano

  2. Re: Annex and SunFire V440

    Ste writes:
    >I'm trying to getting out from this problem. I've an Annex micro XL and
    >a SunFire V440. SunFire has a Rj45 serial port. Using a standard network
    >cable cause not talkign the annex with SunFire. I've tested also a
    >crossover ethernet cable without working and a cable was already
    >attached to the annex named E220#I.NET CABLE (seems a network cable)
    >without working

    Those won't work, the pinouts are vastly different.

    >There's a particular cabling scheme to get connected from annex to
    >SUnFire serial port?

    Hmm, looks like somebody figured it out once..

    http://www.sunhelp.org/unix-serial-p...erial-pinouts/

    I thought the Annex 4000 didn't have 8p8c ports, but it seems so in
    this page, I'd give that one a try.

+ Reply to Thread