    With best regards,
    David

  2. Re: Javastation krupps

    On 2008-05-01, David Reichelt wrote:
    > Hi Everybody,
    > i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?

    I think your best bet is likely to be booting linux and using an nfs
    root file system. The slackware distribution has support for running
    linux on Javastations and there is some useful information at Pete
    Zaitcev's site, along with Proll which you'll need if you don't have
    version 2.3 of the firmware.

    http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/linux/

    And there are various How-tos, which google will unearth.

    I'd have to say though, it's not worth the hassle. Buy a Sunray instead.

    Pete

  3. Re: Javastation krupps

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 17:43:27 +0100, Pete wrote:

    >On 2008-05-01, David Reichelt wrote:
    >> Hi Everybody,
    >> i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?

    >I think your best bet is likely to be booting linux and using an nfs
    >root file system. The slackware distribution has support for running
    >linux on Javastations and there is some useful information at Pete
    >Zaitcev's site, along with Proll which you'll need if you don't have
    >version 2.3 of the firmware.
    >
    >http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/linux/
    >
    >And there are various How-tos, which google will unearth.
    >
    >I'd have to say though, it's not worth the hassle. Buy a Sunray instead.

    I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    >Pete

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  4. Re: Javastation krupps

    Barry OGrady writes:

    >On Wed, 7 May 2008 17:43:27 +0100, Pete wrote:

    >>On 2008-05-01, David Reichelt wrote:
    >>> Hi Everybody,
    >>> i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?

    >>I think your best bet is likely to be booting linux and using an nfs
    >>root file system. The slackware distribution has support for running
    >>linux on Javastations and there is some useful information at Pete
    >>Zaitcev's site, along with Proll which you'll need if you don't have
    >>version 2.3 of the firmware.
    >>
    >>http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/linux/
    >>
    >>And there are various How-tos, which google will unearth.
    >>
    >>I'd have to say though, it's not worth the hassle. Buy a Sunray instead.

    >I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    Which version of the Sunray software are you using? I've acquired a few
    SunRay 150's that I'm going to get set up very soon. I believe the software
    is free but has a 30 day license purchase requirement (which is probably
    aimed at business users, even though it applies to everyone)?

    Craig.
    --
    Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick".
    Email 2 "cdewick@lios.apana.org.au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org"

  5. Re: Javastation krupps

    Barry OGrady writes:

    >On Wed, 7 May 2008 17:43:27 +0100, Pete wrote:

    >>On 2008-05-01, David Reichelt wrote:
    >>> Hi Everybody,
    >>> i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?

    >>I think your best bet is likely to be booting linux and using an nfs
    >>root file system. The slackware distribution has support for running
    >>linux on Javastations and there is some useful information at Pete
    >>Zaitcev's site, along with Proll which you'll need if you don't have
    >>version 2.3 of the firmware.
    >>
    >>http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/linux/
    >>
    >>And there are various How-tos, which google will unearth.
    >>
    >>I'd have to say though, it's not worth the hassle. Buy a Sunray instead.

    >I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    Which version of the Sunray software are you using? I've acquired a few
    SunRay 150's that I'm going to get set up very soon. I believe the software
    is free but has a 30 day license purchase requirement (which is probably
    aimed at business users, even though it applies to everyone)?

    Craig.
    --
    Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick".
    Email 2 "cdewick@lios.apana.org.au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org"
    Galleries @ "http://www.sunshack.org/gallery2". Also lots of tech data, etc.
    Sun Microsystems webring at "http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=sunmicrosystemsu".

  6. Re: Javastation krupps

    David Reichelt schrieb:
    > Hi Everybody,
    > i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at
    > sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?
    > With best regards, David

    i asked about the javastation. i dont need ANY information on sun ray systems.
    if i will need them some day, i will ask u two

    i really dont know, what these answer are about? do u have to much time? or
    do u just want u give an anser, no matter if it helps or not?

  7. Re: Javastation krupps

    In uk.comp.sys.sun Craig Dewick wrote:

    > >I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    > >I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    Javastation support is built into Splack 8.0, ftp://ftp.splack.org/
    No support yet in 10.2 beta, but it should not be difficult.

    Some help is available at http://www.splack.org/

  8. Re: Javastation krupps

    In uk.comp.sys.sun Craig Dewick wrote:

    > >I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    > >I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    Javastation support is built into Splack 8.0, ftp://ftp.splack.org/
    No support yet in 10.2 beta, but it should not be difficult.

    Some help is available at http://www.splack.org/

  9. Re: Javastation krupps

    crn@NOSPAM.netunix.com schrieb:
    > In uk.comp.sys.sun Craig Dewick wrote:
    >>> I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >>> I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    > Javastation support is built into Splack 8.0, ftp://ftp.splack.org/
    > No support yet in 10.2 beta, but it should not be difficult.
    >
    > Some help is available at http://www.splack.org/

    thx a lot! i will check this out and post my results :-)

  10. Re: Javastation krupps

    On Thu, 8 May 2008 18:36:01 +0000 (UTC), Craig Dewick wrote:

    >Barry OGrady writes:

    >>>I think your best bet is likely to be booting linux and using an nfs
    >>>root file system. The slackware distribution has support for running
    >>>linux on Javastations and there is some useful information at Pete
    >>>Zaitcev's site, along with Proll which you'll need if you don't have
    >>>version 2.3 of the firmware.
    >>>
    >>>http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/linux/
    >>>
    >>>And there are various How-tos, which google will unearth.
    >>>
    >>>I'd have to say though, it's not worth the hassle. Buy a Sunray instead.

    >>I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >>I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    >Which version of the Sunray software are you using? I've acquired a few
    >SunRay 150's that I'm going to get set up very soon. I believe the software
    >is free but has a 30 day license purchase requirement (which is probably
    >aimed at business users, even though it applies to everyone)?

    I'm using Sunray 1s, with Solaris 10 Sparc running on a Netra 200 with SRSS 4.0
    and Window Connector 2.0. There doesn't appear to be any time limits.

    >Craig.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  11. Re: Javastation krupps

    On Thu, 8 May 2008 18:36:01 +0000 (UTC), Craig Dewick wrote:

    >Barry OGrady writes:

    >>>I think your best bet is likely to be booting linux and using an nfs
    >>>root file system. The slackware distribution has support for running
    >>>linux on Javastations and there is some useful information at Pete
    >>>Zaitcev's site, along with Proll which you'll need if you don't have
    >>>version 2.3 of the firmware.
    >>>
    >>>http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/linux/
    >>>
    >>>And there are various How-tos, which google will unearth.
    >>>
    >>>I'd have to say though, it's not worth the hassle. Buy a Sunray instead.

    >>I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >>I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    >Which version of the Sunray software are you using? I've acquired a few
    >SunRay 150's that I'm going to get set up very soon. I believe the software
    >is free but has a 30 day license purchase requirement (which is probably
    >aimed at business users, even though it applies to everyone)?

    I'm using Sunray 1s, with Solaris 10 Sparc running on a Netra 200 with SRSS 4.0
    and Window Connector 2.0. There doesn't appear to be any time limits.

    >Craig.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  12. Re: Javastation krupps

    On 2008-05-08, David Reichelt wrote:
    > David Reichelt schrieb:
    >> Hi Everybody,
    >> i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at
    >> sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?
    >> With best regards, David

    > i asked about the javastation. i dont need ANY information on sun ray systems.
    > if i will need them some day, i will ask u two
    >
    > i really dont know, what these answer are about? do u have to much time? or
    > do u just want u give an anser, no matter if it helps or not?

    This is usenet, not some mobile phone texting forum.

    I was trying to help you, by pointing out from my own experience with
    Javastations (and I have Mr. Coffee, Krups AND Expresso) that the Netra
    J software is not available, you can run Slackware linux but it isn't
    worth the time it will take, and you're far better off to get a Sunray.

    About the only things that you can usefully do with a Krups Javastation
    is to rip the guts out and put a Nano-ITX board in it, or use it as a
    bookend.

    If that isn't the answer you wanted to hear, tough ****. Don't expect to
    get too much help in the future, if that's your attitude.

  13. Re: Javastation krupps

    Pete schrieb:
    > On 2008-05-08, David Reichelt wrote:
    >> David Reichelt schrieb:
    >>> Hi Everybody,
    >>> i got a javastation krupps. now i need the NETRA J Software. Download at
    >>> sun shows nothing, does anybody still has a copy?
    >>> With best regards, David

    >> i asked about the javastation. i dont need ANY information on sun ray systems.
    >> if i will need them some day, i will ask u two
    >>
    >> i really dont know, what these answer are about? do u have to much time? or
    >> do u just want u give an anser, no matter if it helps or not?

    > This is usenet, not some mobile phone texting forum.
    >
    > I was trying to help you, by pointing out from my own experience with
    > Javastations (and I have Mr. Coffee, Krups AND Expresso) that the Netra
    > J software is not available, you can run Slackware linux but it isn't
    > worth the time it will take, and you're far better off to get a Sunray.
    >
    > About the only things that you can usefully do with a Krups Javastation
    > is to rip the guts out and put a Nano-ITX board in it, or use it as a
    > bookend.
    >
    > If that isn't the answer you wanted to hear, tough ****. Don't expect to
    > get too much help in the future, if that's your attitude.

    you really dont understand me :-) i dont want to run it as my daily workstation.
    it´s just an other item of sun i collected and for me it´s really important,
    to store it in a working condition.

    you get the picture?

    and i forgot about netra j software. i went to GNU/Linux, like you said

  14. Re: Javastation krupps

    Pete wrote:

    > I was trying to help you, by pointing out from my own experience with
    > Javastations (and I have Mr. Coffee, Krups AND Expresso) that the Netra
    > J software is not available...

    Do _you_ have the s/w and if so what restricts you to
    assisting a collector in completing a system?

    Michael

  15. Re: Javastation krupps

    On 2008-05-13, msg wrote:

    > Do _you_ have the s/w

    No. As I keep telling you, it's not available!

  16. Re: Javastation krupps

    On 08 May 2008 18:54:17 GMT, crn@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:

    >In uk.comp.sys.sun Craig Dewick wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >> >I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    >Javastation support is built into Splack 8.0, ftp://ftp.splack.org/

    I have installed Splack 8.0 on a Sun Netra T105.
    What must I do to activate the Javastation functionality?

    >No support yet in 10.2 beta, but it should not be difficult.
    >
    >Some help is available at http://www.splack.org/

    That is a good site.
    I would like to get the Javastations working because I have them.
    I agree that the Sunrays are easier to use.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  17. Re: Javastation krupps

    On Tue, 13 May 2008 20:46:54 +0200, David Reichelt wrote:

    >Pete schrieb:
    >>> i asked about the javastation. i dont need ANY information on sun ray systems.
    >>> if i will need them some day, i will ask u two
    >>>
    >>> i really dont know, what these answer are about? do u have to much time? or
    >>> do u just want u give an anser, no matter if it helps or not?

    >> This is usenet, not some mobile phone texting forum.
    >>
    >> I was trying to help you, by pointing out from my own experience with
    >> Javastations (and I have Mr. Coffee, Krups AND Expresso) that the Netra
    >> J software is not available, you can run Slackware linux but it isn't
    >> worth the time it will take, and you're far better off to get a Sunray.
    >>
    >> About the only things that you can usefully do with a Krups Javastation
    >> is to rip the guts out and put a Nano-ITX board in it, or use it as a
    >> bookend.
    >>
    >> If that isn't the answer you wanted to hear, tough ****. Don't expect to
    >> get too much help in the future, if that's your attitude.
    >>

    >you really dont understand me :-) i dont want to run it as my daily workstation.
    >its just an other item of sun i collected and for me its really important,
    >to store it in a working condition.

    You should make it a priority to learn how to write and to improved your attitude.

    >you get the picture?

    We get the idea.

    >and i forgot about netra j software. i went to GNU/Linux, like you said

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  18. Re: Javastation krupps

    On 08 May 2008 18:54:17 GMT, crn@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:

    >In uk.comp.sys.sun Craig Dewick wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have both Sunrays and Javastations. The Sunrays are fun and easy to use.
    >> >I haven't figured out how to use the Javastations yet.

    >Javastation support is built into Splack 8.0, ftp://ftp.splack.org/

    I have installed Splack 8.0 on a Sun Netra T105.
    What must I do to activate the Javastation functionality?

    >No support yet in 10.2 beta, but it should not be difficult.
    >
    >Some help is available at http://www.splack.org/

    That is a good site.
    I would like to get the Javastations working because I have them.
    I agree that the Sunrays are easier to use.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  19. Re: Javastation krupps

    In <6clp24hajcgmp8a9pte2p63dddq1cmgs7e@4ax.com> Barry OGrady writes:

    >On Tue, 13 May 2008 20:46:54 +0200, David Reichelt wrote:

    >>Pete schrieb:
    >>> If that isn't the answer you wanted to hear, tough ****. Don't expect to
    >>> get too much help in the future, if that's your attitude.
    >>>

    >>you really dont understand me :-) i dont want to run it as my daily workstation.
    >>its just an other item of sun i collected and for me its really important,
    >>to store it in a working condition.

    >You should make it a priority to learn how to write and to improved your attitude.

    >>you get the picture?

    >We get the idea.

    >>and i forgot about netra j software. i went to GNU/Linux, like you said

    anybody knows if there is a magic trick to get a krupps to boot a 2.6 kernel
    via serial console?

    Konstantin

    >Barry
    >=====
    >Home page
    >http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    --
    Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
    Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

  20. Re: Javastation krupps

    In uk.comp.sys.sun Barry OGrady wrote:

    > >Javastation support is built into Splack 8.0, ftp://ftp.splack.org/

    > I have installed Splack 8.0 on a Sun Netra T105.
    > What must I do to activate the Javastation functionality?

    Read the docs in the javastation directory of the cdrom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast