[X4200] Fan Noise - SUN

This is a discussion on [X4200] Fan Noise - SUN ; Hi, I habe installed a Sun Fire X4200 under Windows 2003 R2, but the fans are very loud ... I have installed all the Drivers and Tools Pack found on the Sun website for this server, but nothing change ... ...

  1. [X4200] Fan Noise

    Hi,

    I habe installed a Sun Fire X4200 under Windows 2003 R2, but the fans
    are very loud ...
    I have installed all the Drivers and Tools Pack found on the Sun
    website for this server, but nothing change ...
    Have anyone an idea ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: [X4200] Fan Noise

    Cdx writes:
    >I habe installed a Sun Fire X4200 under Windows 2003 R2, but the fans
    >are very loud ...
    >I have installed all the Drivers and Tools Pack found on the Sun
    >website for this server, but nothing change ...
    >Have anyone an idea ?

    Put it in the data center/computer room?

  3. Re: [X4200] Fan Noise

    On 28 Apr 2008 17:02:21 GMT, Doug McIntyre wrote:

    >Cdx writes:
    >>I habe installed a Sun Fire X4200 under Windows 2003 R2, but the fans
    >>are very loud ...
    >>I have installed all the Drivers and Tools Pack found on the Sun
    >>website for this server, but nothing change ...
    >>Have anyone an idea ?

    >Put it in the data center/computer room?

    Hi,

    No it's a computer for technicals tests, so we must keep it here

  4. Re: [X4200] Fan Noise

    Cdx writes:

    >>Put it in the data center/computer room?

    > No it's a computer for technicals tests, so we must keep it here

    Tough luck. Honestly, it's hardware not designed to sit in an
    office. You could of course invest in a pair of ear protectors.

    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread