I've seen some notes on how to use the original SunPCI card under
Solaris 10, like ,
but when I tried this it would panic my Sun Blade 150 when Windows 2000
was booting. I'd seen a couple of message about there being problems
when the NDIS shim (or whatever you call it -- the driver that lets the
SunPCI card use the host system's network card) loads, causing system
panics.

I tried setting the environment variable NVL_INTERFACE to point to a
non-existent interface -- I used bge0 since there is no bge0 on a
'Blade 150. The software complained, but Win2k would start up. I then
configured Win2k to use a USB network dongle -- it seems to work fine
now.
--
Jeff Wieland