where are the ics50calprops.db database and friends located onsolaris 7 or 9? - SUN

This is a discussion on where are the ics50calprops.db database and friends located onsolaris 7 or 9? - SUN ; I don't know whether I'm using solaris 7 or 9 on this old Sparc sitting on my desk and I don't know how to find out because unless you take a class it takes months to decipher where Sun puts ...

  1. where are the ics50calprops.db database and friends located onsolaris 7 or 9?

    I don't know whether I'm using solaris 7 or 9 on this old Sparc
    sitting on my desk and I don't know how to find out because unless you
    take a class it takes months to decipher where Sun puts the important
    parts of the documentation. Whichever version I'm on, I need to
    locate where my working instance of calendar keeps ics50calprops.db,
    ics50journals.db, ics50alarms.db, ics50events.db, ics50todos.db, and
    ics50gse.db so that I can run cal/tools/unsupported/bin/db_dump on
    them and see if they'll nicely move to another instance of calendar on
    a newer machine.

    I'm sofar unable to locate any of them using find / | grep ics5 | less
    and then a /db. I've systematically made that search more broad
    finally paging through every instance of find / | grep db on the
    system and I'm not turning up anything.

    Anybody have any tips or suggestions for this situation?

  2. Re: where are the ics50calprops.db database and friends located on solaris 7 or 9?

    Damon Getsman writes:
    >I don't know whether I'm using solaris 7 or 9 on this old Sparc
    >sitting on my desk and I don't know how to find out because unless you
    >take a class it takes months to decipher where Sun puts the important
    >parts of the documentation. Whichever version I'm on, I need to
    >locate where my working instance of calendar keeps ics50calprops.db,
    >ics50journals.db, ics50alarms.db, ics50events.db, ics50todos.db, and
    >ics50gse.db so that I can run cal/tools/unsupported/bin/db_dump on
    >them and see if they'll nicely move to another instance of calendar on
    >a newer machine.

    >I'm sofar unable to locate any of them using find / | grep ics5 | less
    >and then a /db. I've systematically made that search more broad
    >finally paging through every instance of find / | grep db on the
    >system and I'm not turning up anything.

    >Anybody have any tips or suggestions for this situation?

    Hmm, the first google hit on ics50journals.db gets me

    Recovering Sun Java System Calendar Server Databases
    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features...b_recovery.jsp

    Which seems to imply they go into
    /var/opt/SUNWics5/csdb

    You find out what version of Solaris you are on, same as any other
    Unix like system with 'uname'.

+ Reply to Thread