Change console speed AC200 - SUN

This is a discussion on Change console speed AC200 - SUN ; The default console speed for the Netra AC200 is 9600. I would like to increase that somewhat so it can keep up with snoop output. If I enter stty 19200 the connected Sunray goes off and changeing the terminal to ...

  1. Change console speed AC200

    The default console speed for the Netra AC200 is 9600.
    I would like to increase that somewhat so it can keep up
    with snoop output. If I enter stty 19200 the connected Sunray
    goes off and changeing the terminal to 19200 does not work.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  2. Re: Change console speed AC200

    god_free_jones@yahoo.com writes:

    >The default console speed for the Netra AC200 is 9600.
    >I would like to increase that somewhat so it can keep up
    >with snoop output. If I enter stty 19200 the connected Sunray
    >goes off and changeing the terminal to 19200 does not work.

    What version of Solaris are you running on the AC200?

    -Greg
    --
    Do NOT reply via e-mail.
    Reply in the newsgroup.

  3. Re: Change console speed AC200

    Barry OGrady wrote:
    > The default console speed for the Netra AC200 is 9600.
    > I would like to increase that somewhat so it can keep up
    > with snoop output. If I enter stty 19200 the connected Sunray
    > goes off and changeing the terminal to 19200 does not work.
    >
    > Barry
    > =====
    > Home page
    > http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    I believe that the lom port is fixed at 9600 Baud even though the
    console speed can be changed. A mismatch here may cause a break to be
    passed through and hang the system, causing the sunray to die.

    To get higher Baud rates I'd login on the other serial port as the speed
    can be changed on this.

    --
    Chris

  4. Re: Change console speed AC200

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:47:02 +0000 (UTC), gerg@panix.com (Greg Andrews) wrote:

    >god_free_jones@yahoo.com writes:
    >>
    >>The default console speed for the Netra AC200 is 9600.
    >>I would like to increase that somewhat so it can keep up
    >>with snoop output. If I enter stty 19200 the connected Sunray
    >>goes off and changeing the terminal to 19200 does not work.
    >>

    >What version of Solaris are you running on the AC200?

    Solaris 10.

    > -Greg
    >--
    >Do NOT reply via e-mail.
    >Reply in the newsgroup.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  5. Re: Change console speed AC200

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:19:20 +0000, Chris Lawson wrote:

    >Barry OGrady wrote:
    >> The default console speed for the Netra AC200 is 9600.
    >> I would like to increase that somewhat so it can keep up
    >> with snoop output. If I enter stty 19200 the connected Sunray
    >> goes off and changeing the terminal to 19200 does not work.
    >>
    >> Barry

    >I believe that the lom port is fixed at 9600 Baud even though the
    >console speed can be changed. A mismatch here may cause a break to be
    >passed through and hang the system, causing the sunray to die.
    >
    >To get higher Baud rates I'd login on the other serial port as the speed
    >can be changed on this.

    Thanks. I'll look into that.

    >--
    >Chris