Some commands.. - SUN

This is a discussion on Some commands.. - SUN ; Hello, I need some information about the system i started to admin recently: * Need to map the file system ( name, size, % of use, which are storage which are local disk ) I use df -k, so i ...

  1. Some commands..

    Hello,

    I need some information about the system i started to admin recently:

    * Need to map the file system ( name, size, % of use, which are
    storage which are local disk )
    I use df -k, so i get name, size and % of use... but to see if are
    storage or local disk i cant see whith this command..

    * I need to she Hardware information ( i know is a Fujitsu machine,
    but i need to know the model )
    Is it possible to see using a command?

    * I need to see what HBA are installed in the server, and some
    information abou these HBAs installed: Model, Drive and Firmware..

    * OS of the server
    uname -a
    SunOS metrica 5.8 Generic_117350-45 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M

    That is all? Maybe FJSV ( Fujitsu ) and GPUZC-M the model ?

    * Cluster software that is installed and version
    I saw on /var/sadm/system/admin/CLUSTER and get the name SUNWCXall..
    is that all? And how i see the version?

    * I need to see which Volume Manager is installed ( model and
    version )

    Tks by now!

  2. Re: Some commands..

    On Mar 20, 3:15 pm, Petry wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need some information about the system i started to admin recently:
    >
    > * Need to map the file system ( name, size, % of use, which are
    > storage which are local disk )
    > I use df -k, so i get name, size and % of use... but to see if are
    > storage or local disk i cant see whith this command..
    >
    > * I need to she Hardware information ( i know is a Fujitsu machine,
    > but i need to know the model )
    > Is it possible to see using a command?
    >
    > * I need to see what HBA are installed in the server, and some
    > information abou these HBAs installed: Model, Drive and Firmware..
    >
    > * OS of the server
    > uname -a
    > SunOS metrica 5.8 Generic_117350-45 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M
    >
    > That is all? Maybe FJSV ( Fujitsu ) and GPUZC-M the model ?
    >
    > * Cluster software that is installed and version
    > I saw on /var/sadm/system/admin/CLUSTER and get the name SUNWCXall..
    > is that all? And how i see the version?
    >
    > * I need to see which Volume Manager is installed ( model and
    > version )
    >
    > Tks by now!

    You should try downloading a script called cfg2html which basically
    will gather all the info about your box creating a HMTL page will all
    the information about it.

  3. Re: Some commands..

    Words to the wise, Petry wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I need some information about the system i started to admin recently:
    >
    >* Need to map the file system ( name, size, % of use, which are
    >storage which are local disk )
    >I use df -k, so i get name, size and % of use... but to see if are
    >storage or local disk i cant see whith this command..

    check /etc/fstab?

    >* I need to she Hardware information ( i know is a Fujitsu machine,
    >but i need to know the model )
    >Is it possible to see using a command?

    prtdiag/prtconf.

    >* I need to see what HBA are installed in the server, and some
    >information abou these HBAs installed: Model, Drive and Firmware..

    prtdiag/prtconf.

    Have a look at the Solaris Guide for New System Administrators (I
    think that is what it is called).
    --
    Claus Dragon
    =(UDIC)=

    - Me, lately.

  4. Re: Some commands..

    On 2008-03-21, scross wrote:

    > You should try downloading a script called cfg2html

    Who can be arsed fighting with Yahoo to get it?

    [email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org uk]

  5. Re: Some commands..

    Huge wrote:
    > On 2008-03-21, scross wrote:
    >
    >> You should try downloading a script called cfg2html

    > Who can be arsed fighting with Yahoo to get it?

    Em,
    I just looked and see I would need to join a mailing list to download a
    script. What idiot thought of that one?

    I guess such a script might offer the fastest solution, but it will
    probably be better in the longer term to find the command which give the
    information required and how to use them.

  6. Re: Some commands..

    Tks a lot guys..

    lets see..

    /etc/fstab dont exist...

    got the hardware information over prtdiag.. tks!

    about the HBA.. on prtdiag:

    ====================================IO
    Cards====================================

    Sub
    Freq
    Brd Brd Slot Name
    Model MHz
    --- --- ------------ -------------------------
    ---------------------------- ----
    0 C0M00-PCI#00 pci-
    pci10b5,6520 66
    0 C0M00-PCI#04 fibre-channel-pci10df,fa
    + 66
    0 C0M00-PCI#07 FJSV,pgsb-fjgi
    Broadcom,BCM5703S 33
    1 C0M01-PCI#00 pci-
    pci10b5,6520 66
    1 C0M01-PCI#04 fibre-channel-pci10df,fa
    + 66
    1 C0M01-PCI#07 FJSV,pgsb-fjgi
    Broadcom,BCM5703S 33

    i found is an EMULEX.. and have 2 cards.... am i right?? but where i
    can find the model and driver/firmware?

    anyway.. tks for the answers!

    On 21 mar, 11:00, CK wrote:
    > Words to the wise, Petry wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,

    > >I need some information about the system i started to admin recently:

    > >* Need to map the file system ( name, size, % of use, which are
    > >storage which are local disk )
    > >I use df -k, so i get name, size and % of use... but to see if are
    > >storage or local disk i cant see whith this command..

    > check /etc/fstab?
    >
    > >* I need to she Hardware information ( i know is a Fujitsu machine,
    > >but i need to know the model )
    > >Is it possible to see using a command?

    > prtdiag/prtconf.
    >
    > >* I need to see what HBA are installed in the server, and some
    > >information abou these HBAs installed: Model, Drive and Firmware..

    > prtdiag/prtconf.
    >
    > Have a look at the Solaris Guide for New System Administrators (I
    > think that is what it is called).
    > --
    > Claus Dragon
    > =(UDIC)=
    > d++ e++ T--
    > K1!2!3!456!7!S a29
    > "Coffee is a mocker. So, I am going to mock."
    >
    > - Me, lately.

  7. Re: Some commands..

    thats it!

    using the hbacmd ( hbacmd -h to see the options ) i found everything
    and a little more i need!!

    tks again

    On 24 mar, 08:02, Petry wrote:
    > Tks a lot guys..
    >
    > lets see..
    >
    > /etc/fstab dont exist...
    >
    > got the hardware information over prtdiag.. tks!
    >
    > about the HBA.. on prtdiag:
    >
    > ====================================IO
    > Cards====================================
    >
    > Sub
    > Freq
    > Brd Brd Slot * * * * Name
    > Model * * * * * * * * * * * *MHz
    > --- --- ------------ -------------------------
    > ---------------------------- ----
    > * 0 * * C0M00-PCI#00 pci-
    > pci10b5,6520 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 66
    > * 0 * * C0M00-PCI#04 fibre-channel-pci10df,fa
    > + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *66
    > * 0 * * C0M00-PCI#07 FJSV,pgsb-fjgi
    > Broadcom,BCM5703S * * * * * * *33
    > * 1 * * C0M01-PCI#00 pci-
    > pci10b5,6520 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 66
    > * 1 * * C0M01-PCI#04 fibre-channel-pci10df,fa
    > + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *66
    > * 1 * * C0M01-PCI#07 FJSV,pgsb-fjgi
    > Broadcom,BCM5703S * * * * * * *33
    >
    > i found is an EMULEX.. and have 2 cards.... *am i right?? but where i
    > can find the model and driver/firmware?
    >
    > anyway.. tks for the answers!
    >
    > On 21 mar, 11:00, CK wrote:
    >

    > > Words to the wise, Petry wrote:

    > > >Hello,

    > > >I need some information about the system i started to admin recently:

    > > >* Need to map the file system ( name, size, % of use, which are
    > > >storage which are local disk )
    > > >I use df -k, so i get name, size and % of use... but to see if are
    > > >storage or local disk i cant see whith this command..

    > > check /etc/fstab?

    > > >* I need to she Hardware information ( i know is a Fujitsu machine,
    > > >but i need to know the model )
    > > >Is it possible to see using a command?

    > > prtdiag/prtconf.

    > > >* I need to see what HBA are installed in the server, and some
    > > >information abou these HBAs installed: Model, Drive and Firmware..

    > > prtdiag/prtconf.

    > > Have a look at the Solaris Guide for New System Administrators (I
    > > think that is what it is called).
    > > --
    > > Claus Dragon
    > > =(UDIC)=
    > > d++ e++ T--
    > > K1!2!3!456!7!S a29
    > > "Coffee is a mocker. So, I am going to mock."

    > > - Me, lately.- Ocultar texto entre aspas -

    > - Mostrar texto entre aspas -

  8. Re: Some commands..

    Petry wrote:
    > Tks a lot guys..
    >
    > lets see..
    >
    > /etc/fstab dont exist...

    See if /etc/vfstab is what you want! It lists all the disk devices and
    determines whether or not you want to mount them at boot and specifies
    the mount point at which to mount them.

  9. Re: Some commands..

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:31:12 -0400, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

    > See if /etc/vfstab is what you want! It lists all the disk devices and
    > determines whether or not you want to mount them at boot and specifies
    > the mount point at which to mount them.

    It does not list *all* disk devices. It lists only those which have
    filesystems which you choose to mount at some time or other

    I have a dual-boot Solaris only system, one disk with nevada b_84, the
    other with Solaris 10 u4. Neither /etc/vfstab shows the partitions on the
    other drive.

  10. Re: Some commands..

    Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:31:12 -0400, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >

    >>See if /etc/vfstab is what you want! It lists all the disk devices and
    >>determines whether or not you want to mount them at boot and specifies
    >>the mount point at which to mount them.

    > It does not list *all* disk devices. It lists only those which have
    > filesystems which you choose to mount at some time or other

    Well I suppose SOME people have disk that they never mount but I hope I
    don't know any of them! ;-)

    > I have a dual-boot Solaris only system, one disk with nevada b_84, the
    > other with Solaris 10 u4. Neither /etc/vfstab shows the partitions on the
    > other drive.

  11. Re: Some commands..

    On 2008-03-24, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > Dave Uhring wrote:
    >> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:31:12 -0400, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >>

    >>>See if /etc/vfstab is what you want! It lists all the disk devices and
    >>>determines whether or not you want to mount them at boot and specifies
    >>>the mount point at which to mount them.

    >> It does not list *all* disk devices. It lists only those which have
    >> filesystems which you choose to mount at some time or other
    >>

    > Well I suppose SOME people have disk that they never mount but I hope I
    > don't know any of them! ;-)

    ZFS filesystems don't appear in /etc/vfstab unless you've asked for legacy
    mounting semantics.

    [email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org uk]

  12. Re: Some commands..

    so, if is mounted is Storage??

    I need to confirm which file system are Storage, which are Local driver

+ Reply to Thread