configuring DNS on Solaris 10 - SUN

This is a discussion on configuring DNS on Solaris 10 - SUN ; Hi, I am new to Solaris(migrating from Windows to Solaris).I have installed Solaris 10 on my PC. I have internet connection of VSNL(India) at my home.They have provided me a router. I have done full installation.Also all drivers necessary for ...

  1. configuring DNS on Solaris 10

    Hi,

    I am new to Solaris(migrating from Windows to Solaris).I have
    installed Solaris 10 on my PC.
    I have internet connection of VSNL(India) at my home.They have
    provided me a router.
    I have done full installation.Also all drivers necessary for
    networking are installed properly.

    I get dynamic IP address while connecting to internet.

    I want to configure DNS. But, I don't know how to configure it.

    My problem is ,I don't know what should I enter during configuration
    of DNS.

    For Name Service I selected DNS. On next screen it asked me domain
    name.
    What should be the domain name?Is it anything or my ISP's name or any
    name derived from it?

    On next screen it asks for Server address.Actually there is space for
    three addresses.
    What should I enter over there? Will my own IP address do?or my
    router's IP address or some else?

    On next screen DNS search list is to be provided.What is it?
    What should I write over there exactly?

    Please help me!

    Thanking You!

    Prashant Poman.

  2. Re: configuring DNS on Solaris 10

    On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 06:04:58 -0800, Pappu wrote:

    > I am new to Solaris(migrating from Windows to Solaris).I have installed
    > Solaris 10 on my PC.

    Apparently you are also new to Usenet. Multiple postings are a gross
    violation of netiquette.

    I have already answered your questions in the NG comp.os.linux.networking

+ Reply to Thread