Re: Canadian Sun Retailers - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: Canadian Sun Retailers - SUN ; Malcolm wrote: > Hi > Ebay? > Took a quick gander there. Nothing really struck me as being economically feasible. I'm looking to spend less than $100 Canadian....

  1. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    Malcolm wrote:

    > Hi
    > Ebay?

    Took a quick gander there. Nothing really struck me as being
    economically feasible. I'm looking to spend less than $100 Canadian.

  2. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:13:28 -0500
    De Served wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Ebay?
    > >

    > Took a quick gander there. Nothing really struck me as being
    > economically feasible. I'm looking to spend less than $100 Canadian.

    I brought a couple of sunblades with 512MB for US$29 each and just added
    some WD80GB drives, I guess shipping is the issue?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.54-0.2.3-smp

  3. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    On 2007-12-16, De Served wrote:
    > Malcolm wrote:

    [ ... ]

    >> Ebay?

    [ ... ]

    > Took a quick gander there. Nothing really struck me as being
    > economically feasible. I'm looking to spend less than $100 Canadian.

    Hmm ... it is hardly the right time of the year, but do you have
    hamfests (radio amateur gatherings) there? They are (in part) a giant
    electronics flea market, and I've gotten an Ultra-5 for $20.00 a couple
    of years ago, and an Ultra-10 for $30.00 almost as long ago.

    There is one wintertime hamfest here -- It used to be in the
    town of Vienna VA, and now is at a community college in Annandale VA.
    It often is held while there is snow on the ground, making the
    tailgating (selling from the back of your vehicle, or from a table set
    up behind your vehicle) rather cold. But Virginia is not in Canada, and
    I suspect that nobody is fool enough to hold a hamfest in Canada in
    February, so you may have to wait until spring/summer to find one.

    Or -- is there any other place where flea markets are held in
    your area? You might check there.

    Good Luck,
    DoN.

    --
    Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564