Re: Canadian Sun Retailers - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: Canadian Sun Retailers - SUN ; De Served wrote: > I'm looking for an inexpensive (read: cheap) Sun workstation to play > with. Don't need anything new or fancy, just something that will run > Solaris on the cheap. The catch is that I prefer to ...

  1. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    De Served wrote:
    > I'm looking for an inexpensive (read: cheap) Sun workstation to play
    > with. Don't need anything new or fancy, just something that will run
    > Solaris on the cheap. The catch is that I prefer to buy in Canada.

    Why not install Solaris on a PC?

    --
    Ian Collins.

  2. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    Ian Collins wrote:

    > Why not install Solaris on a PC?

    I may very well end up doing that. I'd really like to find some
    genuine Sun hardware though.

  3. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    De Served wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    >> Why not install Solaris on a PC?
    >>

    > I may very well end up doing that. I'd really like to find some
    > genuine Sun hardware though.

    You'll get way more bang for your buck on x86 hardware.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  4. Re: Canadian Sun Retailers

    De Served wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    >> Why not install Solaris on a PC?
    >>

    > I may very well end up doing that. I'd really like to find some
    > genuine Sun hardware though.

    I have a couple of Sunblade 100s available for pickup in Toronto. Email
    if interested.

+ Reply to Thread