Sun Ray Server 3.1 Question - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun Ray Server 3.1 Question - SUN ; Hello , I have a full working Sunray server ,thin clients auth from my openldap directory ,home from nfs mount ,thin clients get their settings from my DHCP server . By Default server came to me "almost" ready,i didnt install ...

  1. Sun Ray Server 3.1 Question

    Hello ,

    I have a full working Sunray server ,thin clients auth from my
    openldap directory ,home from nfs mount ,thin clients get their
    settings from my DHCP server . By Default server came to me "almost"
    ready,i didnt install it my self ,i just searched info on net about
    how to config it. And now i wonder . If for any reason i have to
    reinstall solaris 10 and Sun Ray server ,is something other than the
    Sun Ray server package (srss_3.1.zip) that i need to install too ?
    (*) . Maybe tftp,tomcat or something ?

    I just want to be sure that the only thing i have to do is to install
    the srss package and after the utinstall/utconfig ,my dtu's will
    connect to the server . Can someone help me on that ? Thank you .

    (*)Of course after clean install i will have the same network settings
    like before

  2. Re: Sun Ray Server 3.1 Question

    Arquitecto writes:

    >I have a full working Sunray server ,thin clients auth from my
    >openldap directory ,home from nfs mount ,thin clients get their
    >settings from my DHCP server . By Default server came to me "almost"
    >ready,i didnt install it my self ,i just searched info on net about
    >how to config it. And now i wonder . If for any reason i have to
    >reinstall solaris 10 and Sun Ray server ,is something other than the
    >Sun Ray server package (srss_3.1.zip) that i need to install too ?
    >(*) . Maybe tftp,tomcat or something ?

    TYou will need to preserve the configuration.

    >I just want to be sure that the only thing i have to do is to install
    >the srss package and after the utinstall/utconfig ,my dtu's will
    >connect to the server . Can someone help me on that ? Thank you .

    >(*)Of course after clean install i will have the same network settings
    >like before

    As long as this includes the DHCP settings, then yes.

    tftp should not be necessary unless you need to upgrade
    your DTUs.

    You can also upgrade to SRSS 4.0 which has quite a few new nice
    features. (I'm not using my SPARC desktop through a SunRAy DTU
    with a 24" screen, both at the office and at home through the
    newly builtin VPN client which is supported on all the SunRay 2s.)

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  3. Re: Sun Ray Server 3.1 Question

    Arquitecto wrote:
    > Hello ,
    >
    > I have a full working Sunray server ,thin clients auth from my
    > openldap directory ,home from nfs mount ,thin clients get their
    > settings from my DHCP server . By Default server came to me "almost"
    > ready,i didnt install it my self ,i just searched info on net about
    > how to config it. And now i wonder . If for any reason i have to
    > reinstall solaris 10 and Sun Ray server ,is something other than the
    > Sun Ray server package (srss_3.1.zip) that i need to install too ?
    > (*) . Maybe tftp,tomcat or something ?
    >
    > I just want to be sure that the only thing i have to do is to install
    > the srss package and after the utinstall/utconfig ,my dtu's will
    > connect to the server . Can someone help me on that ? Thank you .
    >

    > (*)Of course after clean install i will have the same network settings
    > like before

    You need to make a backup of your disk!

    If, for some reason you can't or won't, you will need the installation
    media for Solaris, srss, etc. RTFM to find out what dependencies
    "srss" has. Be sure you have everything you need to reinstall and
    reconfigure. You will need to document your configuration settings.

  4. Re: Sun Ray Server 3.1 Question

    On Dec 12, 4:05 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > Arquitecto wrote:
    > > Hello ,

    > > I have a full working Sunray server ,thin clients auth from my
    > > openldap directory ,home from nfs mount ,thin clients get their
    > > settings from my DHCP server . By Default server came to me "almost"
    > > ready,i didnt install it my self ,i just searched info on net about
    > > how to config it. And now i wonder . If for any reason i have to
    > > reinstall solaris 10 and Sun Ray server ,is something other than the
    > > Sun Ray server package (srss_3.1.zip) that i need to install too ?
    > > (*) . Maybe tftp,tomcat or something ?

    > > I just want to be sure that the only thing i have to do is to install
    > > the srss package and after the utinstall/utconfig ,my dtu's will
    > > connect to the server . Can someone help me on that ? Thank you .

    > > (*)Of course after clean install i will have the same network settings
    > > like before

    > You need to make a backup of your disk!
    >
    > If, for some reason you can't or won't, you will need the installation
    > media for Solaris, srss, etc. RTFM to find out what dependencies
    > "srss" has. Be sure you have everything you need to reinstall and
    > reconfigure. You will need to document your configuration settings.

    Ok ,thanks a lot guys . I dont touch dhcp settings on solaris ,cause i
    made my freebsd ISC dhcpd give the DTU's what they need to know about
    the server . I did a clean install on a spare sun box with solaris
    10 ,and the only thing needed to have my dtu's just connecting to the
    server was only to install Sun Ray Server 3.1 . I comfused with the
    Sun ray server 4.0 that has some more dependecies like Tomcat . But i
    figured that 3.1 version does not need this . So A default solaris 10
    installation with the SRSS 3.1 version ,is only what i need .

+ Reply to Thread