Booting an ultra 5 from Qlogic 2202F (ISP2200) - SUN

This is a discussion on Booting an ultra 5 from Qlogic 2202F (ISP2200) - SUN ; I am trying to boot an Ultra 5 from an external Fibre Channel disk array (a T3), without success. The Ultra 5 has a Qlogic 2202F installed flashed with prom 2.00.05 Here is what i get with probe-scsi-all: ok probe-scsi-all ...

  1. Booting an ultra 5 from Qlogic 2202F (ISP2200)

    I am trying to boot an Ultra 5 from an external Fibre Channel disk
    array (a T3), without success.

    The Ultra 5 has a Qlogic 2202F installed flashed with prom 2.00.05

    Here is what i get with probe-scsi-all:

    ok probe-scsi-all
    /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@5
    QLA2200 Fibre Channel Host Adapter fcode version 2.00.05 02/03/03
    Firmware version 2.02.03
    Error: Timed-out waiting for the firmware Ready state
    Possible causes: No cable, incorrect connection mode, incorrect data
    rate

    /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4
    *************************** Local Loop Devices
    ***************************
    Adapter loopId - 0
    Device AL-PA e2 loopId 3 Hard-addr 0 Port WWN
    50020f2300006d0f
    Lun 0 DISK SUN T300 0118
    Lun 1 DISK SUN T300 0118

    ok

    I have tried a Solaris 10 fresh install on slice 0 of LUN 1. The
    installer set the boot-device as:

    /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/fp@0,0/ssd@w50020f2300006d0f,1:a

    but when booting I get:

    Rebooting with command: boot /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/fp@0,0/
    ssd@w50020f2300006d0f,1:a
    Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/fp@0,0/
    ssd@w50020f2300006d0f,1:a File and args:
    QLA2200 Fibre Channel Host Adapter fcode version 2.00.05 02/03/03
    Firmware version 2.02.03

    Evaluating: boot /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/fp@0,0/
    ssd@w50020f2300006d0f,1:a

    Can't open boot device

    show-disks gives:

    ok show-disks
    a) /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@5/sd
    b) /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/sd
    c) /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom
    d) /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/disk
    e) /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ebus@1/fdthree@14,3023f0
    q) NO SELECTION
    Enter Selection, q to quit:

    So I tried too booting with

    /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/sd@3,1:a

    and

    /pci@1f,0/pci@1/pci@2/QLGC,qla@4/fp@3,1:a

    With similar results.

    I do not know what else to try. Anyone could help with clues?

    Thank you in advance,
    HD

  2. Re: Booting an ultra 5 from Qlogic 2202F (ISP2200)

    On 11 Dec, 20:05, "Trinean" wrote:
    > "haydude" wrote in message

    > > I am trying to boot an Ultra 5 from an external Fibre Channel disk
    > > array (a T3), without success.

    > > The Ultra 5 has a Qlogic 2202F installed flashed with prom 2.00.05

    > Is it a Sun Qlogic card or a generic Qlogic card?
    > If the former what is the part number?
    >
    > Trinean

    Trienean,

    Thank you for your reply.

    It reckon that it is a Qlogic card because it had a PC firmware and I
    have flashed it with Sun firmware.
    How do I get the part number without opening the box?

  3. Re: Booting an ultra 5 from Qlogic 2202F (ISP2200)

    On 11 Dec, 20:05, "Trinean" wrote:
    > "haydude" wrote in message

    > > I am trying to boot an Ultra 5 from an external Fibre Channel disk
    > > array (a T3), without success.

    > > The Ultra 5 has a Qlogic 2202F installed flashed with prom 2.00.05

    > Is it a Sun Qlogic card or a generic Qlogic card?
    > If the former what is the part number?
    >
    > Trinean

    Trienean,

    Thank you for your reply.

    It reckon that it is a Qlogic card because it had a PC firmware and I
    have flashed it with Sun firmware.
    How do I get the part number without opening the box?

+ Reply to Thread