Sun Fire v210 HD Question - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun Fire v210 HD Question - SUN ; Does the Sun Fire v210 use the metal heat plate for the internal disks? Or should the disks be installed without it? Thanks...Josh...

  1. Sun Fire v210 HD Question

    Does the Sun Fire v210 use the metal heat plate for the internal disks?
    Or should the disks be installed without it?

    Thanks...Josh

  2. Re: Sun Fire v210 HD Question

    "Josh McKee" wrote in message
    > Does the Sun Fire v210 use the metal heat plate for the internal disks?
    > Or should the disks be installed without it?
    >
    > Thanks...Josh

    The Sun Fire V210 doesn't require the heat plate for internal disks.
    It may or may not even fit into the slot properly if a heat plate is
    installed, but I've never tried it with one.

    Trinean

  3. Re: Sun Fire v210 HD Question

    Trinean wrote:
    > "Josh McKee" wrote in message
    >> Does the Sun Fire v210 use the metal heat plate for the internal disks?
    >> Or should the disks be installed without it?
    >>
    >> Thanks...Josh

    > The Sun Fire V210 doesn't require the heat plate for internal disks.
    > It may or may not even fit into the slot properly if a heat plate is
    > installed, but I've never tried it with one.
    >
    > Trinean

    they fit & comes with heatplate, but makes no differences in a v210.
    the heatplate is not needed.
    if you have a second disk in or a blind in the second disk slot.
    MB temperature will lower 1-2 centigrades as airflow is more even spread.
    i have 177 V210's in 6 racks, MB temperature is about 10 centigrades
    higher top to bottom.
    the old sunon rear psu fan usually stops after ~1 year, safeally can run
    for 3 months or more before replacing fan or psu @20 centigrades intake air.
    /Jorgen

+ Reply to Thread