Blade 1000 does not see a T3 - SUN

This is a discussion on Blade 1000 does not see a T3 - SUN ; I am trying to get a Blade 1000 to see a StorEdge T3 (T300) in Workgroup mode, so far without luck. format and luxadm do not show the new disk, and neither it can be seen by the OPB with ...

  1. Blade 1000 does not see a T3

    I am trying to get a Blade 1000 to see a StorEdge T3 (T300) in
    Workgroup mode, so far without luck. format and luxadm do not show the
    new disk, and neither it can be seen by the OPB with a scsi-probe-all

    T3 CONFIGURATION:
    >ver

    T300 Release 1.18.02 2003/02/28 11:30:28 (192.168.100.100)
    Copyright (C) 1997-2001 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.

    I have created a RAID 1 volume, I have initialized the volume and
    mounted it. The volume is shown as follows:

    >vol list

    volume capacity raid data standby
    v0 73.1 GB 1 u1d1-2 none

    >vol stat

    v0 u1d1 u1d2
    mounted 0 0

    The system's health looks fine:
    >fru stat

    CTLR STATUS STATE ROLE PARTNER TEMP
    ------ ------- ---------- ---------- ------- ----
    u1ctr ready enabled master - 35.5

    DISK STATUS STATE ROLE PORT1 PORT2 TEMP
    VOLUME
    ------ ------- ---------- ---------- --------- --------- ----
    ------
    u1d1 ready enabled data disk ready ready 33
    v0
    u1d2 ready enabled data disk ready ready 39
    v0
    u1d3 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 33 -
    u1d4 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 37 -
    u1d5 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 30 -
    u1d6 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 30 -
    u1d7 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 39 -
    u1d8 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 30 -
    u1d9 ready enabled unassigned ready ready 31 -

    LOOP STATUS STATE MODE CABLE1 CABLE2 TEMP
    ------ ------- ---------- ------- --------- --------- ----
    u1l1 ready enabled master - - 26.5
    u1l2 ready enabled slave - - 32.0

    POWER STATUS STATE SOURCE OUTPUT BATTERY TEMP FAN1
    FAN2
    ------ ------- --------- ------ ------ ------- ------ ------
    ------
    u1pcu1 ready enabled line normal normal normal normal
    normal
    u1pcu2 ready enabled line normal normal normal normal
    normal

    However on the host I cannot see any disk beyond those installed
    internally:

    [root@blade ~]# devfsadm -C -v
    [root@blade ~]# luxadm insert
    Please hit when you have finished adding Fibre Channel
    Enclosure(s)/Device(s):

    Waiting for Loop Initialization to complete...
    No new device(s) were added!!

    No new enclosure(s) were added!!

    [root@blade ~]# luxadm probe
    No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es

    Found Fibre Channel device(s):
    Node WWN:20000011c6e1ea75 Device Typeisk device
    Logical Path:/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2
    Node WWN:20000014c37e5b88 Device Typeisk device
    Logical Path:/dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s2
    [root@blade ~]# format
    Searching for disks...done

    AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
    0. c1t1d0 809>
    /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/ssd@w21000011c6e1ea75,0
    1. c1t2d0
    /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/ssd@w21000014c37e5b88,0
    Specify disk (enter its number):

    PHYSICAL WIRING:
    The Blade 1000 is linked to the T3 with an HSSDC-DB9 copper FC cable.
    when I disconnect the cable I get from T3's syslog:

    Nov 15 22:36:37 ISR1[1]: W: u1ctr ISP2100[2] Received LOOP DOWN async
    event

    when the cable is reconnected:

    Nov 15 22:37:35 ISR1[1]: N: u1ctr ISP2100[2] Received LIP(f7,f7) async
    event

    which makes me think that the physical link should be present (at
    least before disconnecting the cable it was).

    I am looking for clues, because I do not know what else to try.
    Thank you in advance,
    HD

  2. Re: Blade 1000 does not see a T3

    I have found the problem:

    port u1p1 was set as target 1 that conflict with c1t1 in addition host
    was set as 'other'

    So I did:

    port set u1p1 3
    port host u1p1 sun

    And after "devfsadm -C" I could see the volumes as disks using format.
    luxadm still does not show anything, however this does not really
    matter.
    HD

  3. Re: Blade 1000 does not see a T3

    I have found the problem:

    port u1p1 was set as target 1 that conflict with c1t1 in addition host
    was set as 'other'

    So I did:

    port set u1p1 3
    port host u1p1 sun

    And after "devfsadm -C" I could see the volumes as disks using format.
    luxadm still does not show anything, however this does not really
    matter.
    HD

+ Reply to Thread