x4100 ILOM problems with IPMI errors - SUN

This is a discussion on x4100 ILOM problems with IPMI errors - SUN ; Hi list, We just unpacked an X4100 machine and we are seeing some strangeness with the ILOM cards. After I connect to the card and log in, I am greeted with the following pop-up: Error establishing IPMI Session : Communication ...

  1. x4100 ILOM problems with IPMI errors

    Hi list,

    We just unpacked an X4100 machine and we are seeing some strangeness
    with the ILOM cards.
    After I connect to the card and log in, I am greeted with the
    following pop-up:

    Error establishing IPMI Session : Communication error 1 : Could
    not establish a session

    After clicking on "OK" in taht window, I then see my System
    Information / Versions screen.
    However, after a few seconds, I see this popup:

    The IPMI Session has not been initialized. You will need to
    open a new session.

    And after dismissing this window, it comes back continuously every 10
    seconds or so.
    Of course, we can't access the console, set the ILOM password or
    perform any sort of useful ILOM tasks.

    The odd thing is that we have a few X4200 systems with exactly the
    same SP firmware versions that do not display this issue.

    Here is the version info:
    SP Firmware Version: 1.1.1
    SP Firmware Build Number: 16618
    SP Firmware Date: Tue Feb 27 19:44:15 PST 2007
    SP Filesystem Version: 0.1.14

    The above version information is identical for our X4100s and X4200s.
    On the X4200s, we have never had this problem and have no trouble
    accessing the consoles of these systems.
    On the X4100, we get the IPMI error and can't do anything.

    Any help or light you can shed on this is greatly appreciated. I only
    found one thread on the topic but the poster had not received any