Ultra 60 USB Keyboard - SUN

This is a discussion on Ultra 60 USB Keyboard - SUN ; Hi All I've got an Ultra 60, type 5 keyb and mouse. To get up to date a wee bit I put in a Via based USB card i had lying about. Works fine and I quickly installed a Microsoft ...

  1. Ultra 60 USB Keyboard

    Hi All

    I've got an Ultra 60, type 5 keyb and mouse. To get up to date a wee
    bit I put in a Via based USB card i had lying about. Works fine and I
    quickly installed a Microsoft Explorer mouse which works quite happily
    in X. I tried a random usb keyb and i could type away quite happily but
    whenever the machine is powered on, it complains that it can't "Open
    Input Device" when the USB keyboard is the only keyb so i have to plug
    in the old type 5 to get it to boot to screen.

    So, what i want to know is - does anyone know about, or have any
    experience of, using a Type 6 Sun USB keyboard as the primary keyboard
    on a Sun machine that doesn't have built in USB (i.e. my Ultra 60)? The
    fact the system tries to access the random USB keyboard leads me to
    believe the version of the OBP on my U60 can talk to USB keyboards.

    Thanks
    -David

  2. Re: Ultra 60 USB Keyboard

    davidfowler2000 writes:

    >So, what i want to know is - does anyone know about, or have any
    >experience of, using a Type 6 Sun USB keyboard as the primary keyboard
    >on a Sun machine that doesn't have built in USB (i.e. my Ultra 60)? The
    >fact the system tries to access the random USB keyboard leads me to
    >believe the version of the OBP on my U60 can talk to USB keyboards.

    The OBP has no clue about USB.

    Casper

+ Reply to Thread