Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs - SUN

This is a discussion on Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs - SUN ; Gentle People: I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum plus shipping. Why do I want it? I have a software testing contract that requires it. Your ...

  1. Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs

    Gentle People:

    I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions
    on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum
    plus shipping.

    Why do I want it? I have a software testing contract
    that requires it.

    Your help would be much appreciated.

    Thomas Dineen
    tdineen@ix.netcom.com

  2. Re: Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs

    Thomas Dineen writes:
    > I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions
    >on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum
    >plus shipping.

    I assume you couldn't find them on eBay, which happens to be the best
    place to get them, because those aren't their names.

    But there are several auctions up for both Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6
    on eBay. They most likely aren't going to be SPARC versions unless
    otherwise specified.

  3. Re: Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs

    Thomas Dineen wrote:
    > Gentle People:
    >
    > I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions
    > on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum
    > plus shipping.
    >
    > Why do I want it? I have a software testing contract
    > that requires it.
    >
    > Your help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thomas Dineen
    > tdineen@ix.netcom.com

    On e-Bay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Solaris-2-6-Medi...QQcmdZViewItem
    is offering Solaris 6. The auction has six days left to run.

    here is one for a copy of Solaris 5
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-SOLARIS-V2-5...QQcmdZViewItem

    Treat them as the treasures they are. They may be the LAST remaining
    copies!

  4. Re: Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs

    In article <4734C37D.7020804@comcast.net>,
    "Richard B. Gilbert" wrote:

    > Thomas Dineen wrote:
    > > Gentle People:
    > >
    > > I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions
    > > on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum
    > > plus shipping.
    > >
    > > Why do I want it? I have a software testing contract
    > > that requires it.
    > >
    > > Your help would be much appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thomas Dineen
    > > tdineen@ix.netcom.com
    > >

    > On e-Bay:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Solaris-2-6-Medi..._W0QQitemZ3201
    > 80404425QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4619QQssPageNameZWDVWQQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    > is offering Solaris 6. The auction has six days left to run.
    >
    > here is one for a copy of Solaris 5
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-SOLARIS-V2-5...QitemZ28015527
    > 3939QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4619QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1V QQcmdZViewItem
    >
    > Treat them as the treasures they are. They may be the LAST remaining
    > copies!

    I have both myself. Everything from Solaris 2.4 through 10. Also
    4.1.3_u1

    Josh

  5. Re: Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs

    "Doug McIntyre" wrote in message news:4734be42$0$90412$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.oct anews.com...
    > Thomas Dineen writes:
    > > I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions
    > >on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum
    > >plus shipping.

    > I assume you couldn't find them on eBay, which happens to be the best
    > place to get them, because those aren't their names.
    >
    > But there are several auctions up for both Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6
    > on eBay.

    Remember there was a bug installing 2.5.1 and 2.6 on fast (>419MHz) Sparc
    systems so you will also need the Operating Environment Installation CD.

    --
    John.

  6. Re: Looking For A Solaris 5 And 6 Release With CDs

    Thomas Dineen writes:

    > I am looking for a Solaris 5 And 6 distributions
    >on CD Rom. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum
    >plus shipping.

    I saw some Solaris 2.6 CDROM packs at a computer surplus store
    in my area. I don't recall seeing Solaris 2.5/2.5.1, but it's
    possible they might also have them.

    The store is Weird Stuff Warehouse: http://www.weirdstuff.com/
    The website only shows Solaris 8, so you might have to phone them
    and ask them to look.

    Hope this helps,

    -Greg
    --