SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 116 Issue 5 2007-10-29 Article 18863 from section "Free and Open Source Software"

James Gosling Shares His Views

For James Gosling, the important thing about open source is community
engagement. At least that's what he told Tim Scannell in an interview
for InternetNews.com. "A lot of our customers and the people we work
with are just really smart and really good people," he continued.
Gosling was careful to position Sun as a "supplier to other
technology companies," which puts the corporation squarely in the
business of supplying the infrastructure that underlies numerous
applications developed by others.

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=18863

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com