Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006) - SUN

This is a discussion on Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006) - SUN ; The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake), SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI ...

  1. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006)

    The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
    scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).

    The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
    / etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).

    The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
    for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
    This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
    load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
    SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
    /dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
    "kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
    (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
    --
    If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen. Mike Peterson
    U/T Network Security

  2. Re: Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006)

    > (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).
    > (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).
    > (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).

    Then why the constant posting ?

  3. Re: Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006)

    Mark wrote:

    >> (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).
    >> (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).
    >> (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).

    > Then why the constant posting ?

    Because his sysadmin is automated. :-)

    -Jason

+ Reply to Thread