Console Cable for Netra X1 and Cobalt RaQ4 - SUN

This is a discussion on Console Cable for Netra X1 and Cobalt RaQ4 - SUN ; Where can I obtain the console cable(s) for my newly purchased Netra X1 and Cobalt RaQ4 servers? It will be a DB-9 to RJ-45 connection. Will one cable work or is two separate ones needed? Thanks...

  1. Console Cable for Netra X1 and Cobalt RaQ4

    Where can I obtain the console cable(s) for my newly purchased Netra X1 and
    Cobalt RaQ4 servers? It will be a DB-9 to RJ-45 connection. Will one cable
    work or is two separate ones needed? Thanks

  2. Re: Console Cable for Netra X1 and Cobalt RaQ4

    "Scott J. Burrows" writes:
    >Where can I obtain the console cable(s) for my newly purchased Netra X1 and
    >Cobalt RaQ4 servers? It will be a DB-9 to RJ-45 connection. Will one cable
    >work or is two separate ones needed? Thanks

    THe Netra X1 will use the standard Sun cabling, which they copied
    Cisco on, so your cheapest/quickest/easiest route is to probably buy a
    Cisco console cable kit off eBay.

    The RaQ4 is something altogether different. Did they have consoles?
    I seem to remember having to do anything and everything through the
    front panel, including any re-imaging steps.

    Even though Sun bought Cobalt, I don't think a whole lot of Sun admin
    types know anything about Cobalts..
    You'll probably want to look around for the bluequartz forums.

+ Reply to Thread