Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt? - SUN

This is a discussion on Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt? - SUN ; On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, rpasken@eas.slu.edu wrote: > I have a iogear kvm switch attached to my Blade-1000, the other kvm > port is attached to a Mac. When I switch from the Blade to the Mac the > keyboard ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 46 of 46

  1. Re: Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt?

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, rpasken@eas.slu.edu wrote:

    > I have a iogear kvm switch attached to my Blade-1000, the other kvm
    > port is attached to a Mac. When I switch from the Blade to the Mac the
    > keyboard is disconnected and I get a reboot. I have changed /etc/
    > default/kbd to relflect the disable, but it still reboots when the
    > keyboard is switched. Any other ideas

    Yeah: don't use a KVM (the network is the computer).

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member

    CEO,
    My Online Home Inventory

    URLs: http://www.rite-group.com/rich
    http://www.myonlinehomeinventory.com

  2. Re: Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt?

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, rpasken@eas.slu.edu wrote:

    > I have a iogear kvm switch attached to my Blade-1000, the other kvm
    > port is attached to a Mac. When I switch from the Blade to the Mac the
    > keyboard is disconnected and I get a reboot. I have changed /etc/
    > default/kbd to relflect the disable, but it still reboots when the
    > keyboard is switched. Any other ideas

    Yeah: don't use a KVM (the network is the computer).

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member

    CEO,
    My Online Home Inventory

    URLs: http://www.rite-group.com/rich
    http://www.myonlinehomeinventory.com

  3. Re: Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt?

    On Oct 18, 10:37 am, Rich Teer wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, rpas...@eas.slu.edu wrote:
    > > I have a iogear kvm switch attached to my Blade-1000, the other kvm
    > > port is attached to a Mac. When I switch from the Blade to the Mac the
    > > keyboard is disconnected and I get a reboot. I have changed /etc/
    > > default/kbd to relflect the disable, but it still reboots when the
    > > keyboard is switched. Any other ideas

    > Yeah: don't use a KVM (the network is the computer).
    >
    > --
    > Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member
    >
    > CEO,
    > My Online Home Inventory
    >
    > URLs:http://www.rite-group.com/richhttp:/...einventory.com

    Of course that works really well when you have a Blade-2000 and a Mac
    G5 that you are doing development work on. Putting two keyboards and
    two LCD's on my desk really makes sense and endears me to my wife.
    Further the Mac's Aqua GUI really works well across the net to the
    Blade-2000 running OpenSolaris B72 and vice-versa. Now given the
    additional information have you got a suggestion?

  4. Re: Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt?

    On Oct 18, 10:37 am, Rich Teer wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, rpas...@eas.slu.edu wrote:
    > > I have a iogear kvm switch attached to my Blade-1000, the other kvm
    > > port is attached to a Mac. When I switch from the Blade to the Mac the
    > > keyboard is disconnected and I get a reboot. I have changed /etc/
    > > default/kbd to relflect the disable, but it still reboots when the
    > > keyboard is switched. Any other ideas

    > Yeah: don't use a KVM (the network is the computer).
    >
    > --
    > Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member
    >
    > CEO,
    > My Online Home Inventory
    >
    > URLs:http://www.rite-group.com/richhttp:/...einventory.com

    Of course that works really well when you have a Blade-2000 and a Mac
    G5 that you are doing development work on. Putting two keyboards and
    two LCD's on my desk really makes sense and endears me to my wife.
    Further the Mac's Aqua GUI really works well across the net to the
    Blade-2000 running OpenSolaris B72 and vice-versa. Now given the
    additional information have you got a suggestion?

  5. Re: Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt?

    rpasken@eas.slu.edu wrote:
    > On Oct 18, 10:37 am, Rich Teer wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, rpas...@eas.slu.edu wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have a iogear kvm switch attached to my Blade-1000, the other kvm
    >>>port is attached to a Mac. When I switch from the Blade to the Mac the
    >>>keyboard is disconnected and I get a reboot. I have changed /etc/
    >>>default/kbd to relflect the disable, but it still reboots when the
    >>>keyboard is switched. Any other ideas

    >>Yeah: don't use a KVM (the network is the computer).
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member
    >>
    >>CEO,
    >>My Online Home Inventory
    >>
    >>URLs:http://www.rite-group.com/richhttp:/...einventory.com

    > Of course that works really well when you have a Blade-2000 and a Mac
    > G5 that you are doing development work on. Putting two keyboards and
    > two LCD's on my desk really makes sense and endears me to my wife.
    > Further the Mac's Aqua GUI really works well across the net to the
    > Blade-2000 running OpenSolaris B72 and vice-versa. Now given the
    > additional information have you got a suggestion?

    If you missed my reply yesterday, try a Sun compatible KVM. It may not
    be compatible with a Mac however, in which case you'll just have to
    learn to live with two keyboards, two mice, and two monitors.

  6. Re: Will removing keyboard drop Blade 2000 to OK prompt?