disk 540-5936 on E280R? - SUN

This is a discussion on disk 540-5936 on E280R? - SUN ; hello all, I have a disk ST36607L (SUN36G) a-k-a 540-5936, and i wonder if i can plug it into a Sun E280R, where i have front location 1 empty. But it seems that only FC-AL disks are possible, isn't it? ...

  1. disk 540-5936 on E280R?

    hello all,
    I have a disk ST36607L (SUN36G) a-k-a 540-5936, and i wonder if i can
    plug it into a Sun E280R, where i have front location 1 empty. But it
    seems that only FC-AL disks are possible, isn't it?
    Here the output of format on E280R:
    AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
    0. c1t0d0
    /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/ssd@w2100002037e6e2b3,0
    and the 540-5936 is SCSI

    Thanks in advance for help,

    gerard

  2. Re: disk 540-5936 on E280R?

    "jdh13" wrote in message
    > hello all,
    > I have a disk ST36607L (SUN36G) a-k-a 540-5936, and i wonder if i can
    > plug it into a Sun E280R, where i have front location 1 empty. But it
    > seems that only FC-AL disks are possible, isn't it?
    > Here the output of format on E280R:
    > AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
    > 0. c1t0d0
    > /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/ssd@w2100002037e6e2b3,0
    > and the 540-5936 is SCSI
    >
    > Thanks in advance for help,
    >
    > gerard

    The Sun Fire 280R only takes FC-AL drives so you can't plug a SCSI disk in
    the internal slots.
    To use SCSI you would need to connect something external.
    There is an onboard SCSI port for an externally connected device like a
    diskpack.

    Trinean

+ Reply to Thread