I have bought a blade 2000 (should arrive today!!) but would like to
upgrade the disks (2x73 GB).

I've seen some Hitachi HUS151414VLF200 fibre channel disks which are
147GB, 15k RPM - they are NOT badged as Sun.

This Hitach page

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/15k147/15k147.htm

says the disk's connector is "2GFC"

This Hitachi page
http://www.hitachigst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/techdocs/728BFB9C9884269086256D27005D87E5/$file/15K147_FC-AL_com.pdf

says they work in the Sun StorEdge 3510 disk array.

The Sunsolve page on the StorEdge 3510:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub...tems/3510/spec

says the disks are FC. I can't however work out if the StorEdge 3510's
FC disks are the same as the FC-AL used in the Blade 2000

Anyone got any information?

If the connectors are right, I'll take a chance on the firmware etc. But
clearly if the connectors are not the same as in the Blade 2000, I might
as well not bother.