Re: TOP utility - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: TOP utility - SUN ; perry811 schrieb: > Hello Anyone, > Does anyone still use TOP in Solaris 10? Many people say TOP does not > provide an accurate system health view for Solaris 10 after the June > 06 release. I am finding a ...

  1. Re: TOP utility

    perry811 schrieb:
    > Hello Anyone,
    > Does anyone still use TOP in Solaris 10? Many people say TOP does not
    > provide an accurate system health view for Solaris 10 after the June
    > 06 release. I am finding a tool which can tell me where my physical
    > memory goes. I will very appreciate if anyone can point me into a
    > right direction.
    >
    > thanks!

    you might want to take a look at sysstat
    (http://www.maier-komor.de/sysstat.html), which has a similar layout as
    top, but much more detailed information.

    HTH,
    Thomas

  2. Re: TOP utility

    On Oct 8, 12:14 am, Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:

    > you might want to take a look at sysstat
    > (http://www.maier-komor.de/sysstat.html), which has a similar layout as
    > top, but much more detailed information.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Thomas

    Thomas, I am afraid sysstat - may not work with ZFS in Solaris 10?!
    The following errors happen in 2 of my systems which uses ZFS:

    Assertion failed: err != -1, file fsstats.c, line 116

    My other Solaris 10 systems just run fine without ZFS configured. Or,
    can you tell me if i m doing anything wrong?
    sysstat -V

    sysstat version 20070922
    Copyright 2006-2007, Thomas Maier-Komor
    This software is licensed under the GPLv2. See file COPYING for
    details.

  3. Re: TOP utility

    perry811 schrieb:
    > On Oct 8, 12:14 am, Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    >
    >> you might want to take a look at sysstat
    >> (http://www.maier-komor.de/sysstat.html), which has a similar layout as
    >> top, but much more detailed information.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> Thomas

    > Thomas, I am afraid sysstat - may not work with ZFS in Solaris 10?!
    > The following errors happen in 2 of my systems which uses ZFS:
    >
    > Assertion failed: err != -1, file fsstats.c, line 116
    >
    > My other Solaris 10 systems just run fine without ZFS configured. Or,
    > can you tell me if i m doing anything wrong?
    > sysstat -V
    >
    > sysstat version 20070922
    > Copyright 2006-2007, Thomas Maier-Komor
    > This software is licensed under the GPLv2. See file COPYING for
    > details.

    That looks like you are running nevada/Solaris Express... On October
    11th, I've published an update for sysstat that handles the recent
    changes of libzfs.so in Nevada. Try downloading that one. If you still
    encounter an error, please contact me. But I'm pretty sure that this
    assertion failure is fixed in the latest release.

    HTH,
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread