Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD - SUN

This is a discussion on Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD - SUN ; I recently acquired an HP 712/60 from a flea market for $25. 64MB RAM, 2GB SCSI. My intention was to install NeXTSTEP v3.3 on it. I have a NeXT slab and the full NeXTSTEP v3.3 media, which includes install for ...

  1. Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD

    I recently acquired an HP 712/60 from a flea market for $25. 64MB RAM,
    2GB SCSI. My intention was to install NeXTSTEP v3.3 on it. I have a
    NeXT slab and the full NeXTSTEP v3.3 media, which includes install for
    PA-RISC machines.

    I just got everything hooked up and noted that my PA-RISC / SPARC
    install CD is somehow "shattered" in the plastic - a web of cracks. I
    have no idea how this happened as it was safely on my nulletin board, on
    "display" (I am a big NeXT fan).

    Does anyone have this install CD? I have my black hardware, its serial
    #, and a full, licensed set of manuals and media for NeXTSTEP v3.2 for
    Intel, NeXTSEP v3.3 for all platforms, and OpenStep v4.2 for Intel and
    Mach. So I don't think there's licensing issues with my asking after
    this CD.

    Would love to get this Gecko setup.

    Thanks.

    bp

    --
    Heisenberg may have slept here.

  2. Re: Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD

    I have x86 and sparc, not Pa Risc version

    If you want this ask me in e-mail.

    Bye
    Gianni "BBK"
    bbk at bbk dot com

    "Blake Patterson" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > I recently acquired an HP 712/60 from a flea market for $25. 64MB RAM,
    > 2GB SCSI. My intention was to install NeXTSTEP v3.3 on it. I have a
    > NeXT slab and the full NeXTSTEP v3.3 media, which includes install for
    > PA-RISC machines.
    >
    > I just got everything hooked up and noted that my PA-RISC / SPARC
    > install CD is somehow "shattered" in the plastic - a web of cracks. I
    > have no idea how this happened as it was safely on my nulletin board, on
    > "display" (I am a big NeXT fan).
    >
    > Does anyone have this install CD? I have my black hardware, its serial
    > #, and a full, licensed set of manuals and media for NeXTSTEP v3.2 for
    > Intel, NeXTSEP v3.3 for all platforms, and OpenStep v4.2 for Intel and
    > Mach. So I don't think there's licensing issues with my asking after
    > this CD.
    >
    > Would love to get this Gecko setup.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > bp
    >
    > --
    > Heisenberg may have slept here.

  3. Re: Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD

    In comp.sys.sun.hardware bbk wrote:
    > I have x86 and sparc, not Pa Risc version

    You are probably wrong. The SPARC and PA-RISC version were on
    one and the same CD. You might have M68k and X86.

    mfg
    Dennis

    --
    BOFH minute of the day:
    export VISUAL=emacs

  4. Re: Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD

    "Dennis Grevenstein"

    > You are probably wrong. The SPARC and PA-RISC version were on
    > one and the same CD. You might have M68k and X86.

    Yuu.. cool

    Thanks
    Gianni

  5. Re: Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD

    "Dennis Grevenstein" wrote in message
    > In comp.sys.sun.hardware bbk wrote:
    > > I have x86 and sparc, not Pa Risc version

    > You are probably wrong. The SPARC and PA-RISC version were on
    > one and the same CD. You might have M68k and X86.
    >
    > mfg
    > Dennis

    Is this CD bootable?

    Christian

  6. Re: Looking for SPARC NeXTSTEP v3.3 Install CD

    "Christian Tange" wrote in message
    news:3fa91ae6$0$9795$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk ...

    > "Dennis Grevenstein" wrote in message
    > > In comp.sys.sun.hardware bbk wrote:
    > > > I have x86 and sparc, not Pa Risc version

    > > You are probably wrong. The SPARC and PA-RISC version were on
    > > one and the same CD. You might have M68k and X86.
    > >
    > > mfg
    > > Dennis
    > >

    > Is this CD bootable?
    >
    > Christian