Keyboard stopped working on Ultra 5 - SUN

This is a discussion on Keyboard stopped working on Ultra 5 - SUN ; Has anyone had any issue with the keyboard simply stop working on an ultra 5. I have plugged it into my sparc 5 and all is ok. (type 5 keyboard) When I plug it into the ultra 5 it says ...

  1. Keyboard stopped working on Ultra 5

    Has anyone had any issue with the keyboard simply stop working on an
    ultra 5. I have plugged it into my sparc 5 and all is ok. (type 5
    keyboard)

    When I plug it into the ultra 5 it says keyboard present, but I can't
    type any commands, STOP-A works once and then I can't type anything. I
    can't event boot from CDROM as no characters appear. There is a
    problem with the disk so it asks for a FSCK which I can't do as I
    can't enter the root password...

    Any help please....

  2. Re: Keyboard stopped working on Ultra 5

    michael_banham@hotmail.com (Chewie) wrote in message news:<79f52994.0310271233.7f5080@posting.google.com>...
    > Has anyone had any issue with the keyboard simply stop working on an
    > ultra 5. I have plugged it into my sparc 5 and all is ok. (type 5
    > keyboard)
    >
    > When I plug it into the ultra 5 it says keyboard present, but I can't
    > type any commands, STOP-A works once and then I can't type anything. I
    > can't event boot from CDROM as no characters appear. There is a
    > problem with the disk so it asks for a FSCK which I can't do as I
    > can't enter the root password...
    >
    > Any help please....

    OK....have managed to resert NVRAM. Hold down STOP-N and power cycle
    the machine. Hold down for at least 30 seconds and then power off. You
    should see at message at the top of the screen saying NVRAM reset.

    wala keyboard now works!

+ Reply to Thread