Hi

In SUN, the boot up process automatically detects the keyboard country code
and use the corresponding key mapping in PROM, text console and X11.

However I need to override the automatic setting in the current project. I
need to manually change the key mapping, e.g. forcing a Spanish key mapping
with a US keyboard.

Once booted up, one can use xmodmap or loadkeys commands. However I don't
know how to change it in the PROM (before any commands or scripts are run!)
There seems an PROM environment variable named keymap in PROM. But setting
it with the command "setenv keymap ..." has no effect.

Do you know if changing the key mapping in PROM is possible? Thanks a lot
for any help or advice.

Regards
Lawrence