Re: Rex Ballard the self claimed open source advocate using WindowsBUAHAHAHAHAHA - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: Rex Ballard the self claimed open source advocate using WindowsBUAHAHAHAHAHA - SUN ; GreyCloud wrote: > > Conisder using the software and the platforms that you claim to advocate, stupid. > Of course you know well that they don't have a decent newsreader. > You are full of ****. > > The headers ...

  1. Re: Rex Ballard the self claimed open source advocate using WindowsBUAHAHAHAHAHA

    GreyCloud wrote:

    > Conisder using the software and the platforms that you claim to advocate, stupid.
    > Of course you know well that they don't have a decent newsreader.
    > You are full of ****.
    >
    > The headers of the so caled leading open source advocate.
    >
    > Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:16:26 -0400
    > From: Rex Ballard

    Yes. I've pointed out in my postings, that I use Windows
    2000 for many applications. Posting to newsgroups included.
    I have 8 Linux systems in the back room, and VMWare
    running with Linux on the local machine. But I like
    Netscape and I'm running an application that only runs on
    Windows (but is necessary for work).

    If I could get it to work on WINE, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

    --
    Rex Ballard
    Leading Open Source Advocate

  2. Re: Rex Ballard the self claimed open source advocate using Windows BUAHAHAHAHAHA

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:05:27 -0400, Rex Ballard
    wrote:

    >Yes. I've pointed out in my postings, that I use Windows
    >2000 for many applications.

    Many...Many? I thought Linux was the be all and end all of great
    operating systems, and Windows was total crap and should not be used
    for anything that Linux can do, which of course would be very little.

    >If I could get it to work on WINE, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

    Surely it must be open source since you are such a big OSS advocate. I
    can't imagine that you would allow your reputation to be sullied by
    being dependent upon CSS code, why not just modify it to work under
    Linux.

    --
    Cheers
    T.G. Reaper

  3. Re: Rex Ballard the self claimed open source advocate using Windows BUAHAHAHAHAHA

    Rex Ballard wrote:

    You do understand that this lobb-sided introvert of a ****-up does not
    deserve any explanations from you, or anyone else for that matter. You need
    not give him/her/it the time of day.

    --

    A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C000BD1D in VXD VMM(01) +
    0000AD1D. The current application will be terminated.

  4. Re: Rex Ballard the self claimed open source advocate using Windows BUAHAHAHAHAHA

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:54:53 -0700, T.G.Reape wrote:

    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:05:27 -0400, Rex Ballard
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Yes. I've pointed out in my postings, that I use Windows
    >>2000 for many applications.

    > Many...Many?

    Yes, many.

    > I thought Linux was the be all and end all of great
    > operating systems,

    Nope, merely a good one, with a few perks.

    > and Windows was total crap and should not be used
    > for anything that Linux can do, which of course would be very little.

    Indeed. "very little" and "many", not "nothing" and "all cases".

    >>If I could get it to work on WINE, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

    > Surely it must be open source since you are such a big OSS advocate.

    Why? If your organization needs a CSS app, you use a CSS app - and if
    that requires Windows, you use Windows. This isn't rocket science.

    > can't imagine that you would allow your reputation to be sullied by
    > being dependent upon CSS code, why not just modify it to work under
    > Linux.

    Umm... because it's CSS code, perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread