PDA's - SUN

This is a discussion on PDA's - SUN ; Is solaris capable of driving a PDA considering the processor and memory restrictions ? http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8728350077.html...

  1. PDA's

    Is solaris capable of driving a PDA considering the processor and memory
    restrictions ?

  2. Re: PDA's

    "James smyth" wrote in message
    > Is solaris capable of driving a PDA considering the processor and memory
    > restrictions ?
    >
    > http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8728350077.html

    I would have thought not, but then why should it?

    OK, sorry, I am new here (well, new now - I did post to this group back in
    95 quite a bit) so maybe I am missing something.
    I assume that this guy is just a troll but even for a troll he seems very
    persistant.
    Do people really believe that by constantly hammering on about completely
    irrelivant crap that it is going to sway people?
    Or is it a microsoft ploy to make linux users look like complete knobs?

    I guess I should just consider it a lucky thing that he hasn't noticed that
    the mac is unix too and start the same thing there!

    Woody

  3. Re: PDA's

    Anthony Mandic writes:
    >Woody wrote:

    [10 lines snipped]

    >> I guess I should just consider it a lucky thing that he hasn't noticed that
    >> the mac is unix too and start the same thing there!

    > Nah, they couldn't port Linux to the Mac.

    Who's "they"? And if BSD will run on the Mac (aka OS X) then Linux will,
    too. Not that there's any point.

  4. Re: PDA's

    "Huge" wrote in message
    > Anthony Mandic writes:
    > >Woody wrote:

    > [10 lines snipped]
    >
    > >> I guess I should just consider it a lucky thing that he hasn't noticed

    that
    > >> the mac is unix too and start the same thing there!

    > > Nah, they couldn't port Linux to the Mac.

    > Who's "they"? And if BSD will run on the Mac (aka OS X) then Linux will,
    > too. Not that there's any point.

    There are many linuxs (linuces?) on the mac but they are not particularly
    popular because as you say, there really isn't much point.

    Woody

  5. Re: PDA's

    "James smyth" wrote in message
    > Is solaris capable of driving a PDA considering the processor and memory
    > restrictions ?
    >
    > http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8728350077.html

    I don't know about the Sol 9, but if Sol8 will run on my SparcStation20, I
    guess it would sing on my ipaq.

  6. Re: PDA's

    In comp.unix.solaris David Wade wrote:
    > "James smyth" wrote in message
    >> Is solaris capable of driving a PDA considering the processor and memory
    >> restrictions ?
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8728350077.html
    >>

    > I don't know about the Sol 9, but if Sol8 will run on my SparcStation20, I
    > guess it would sing on my ipaq.

    Solaris 2.6 and 7 could run an a sparcstation 1 with a 20MHz CPU and
    32MB of RAM (or maybe less). Sure, it's slow but still fast enough for
    typical PDA applications. With some work, Solaris could be put on a
    PDA. But what's the point of doing that? To make it possible for Sun
    users go out and troll about this, say on AIX newsgroups about this?
    They surely have more important things to do.

    --
    Akop Pogosian

    This space has been accidentally left blank.

+ Reply to Thread