Re: IBM bets 2.9 Billion on Linux for semiconductor manufacture - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: IBM bets 2.9 Billion on Linux for semiconductor manufacture - SUN ; Paul S Brown writes in comp.unix.solaris: |Solaris x86 will certainly run on Netfinity, and there was once a JV between |Sun and IBM to produce Solaris for PowerPC which actually released a version |of 2.4 that worked on CHRP kit. ...

  1. Re: IBM bets 2.9 Billion on Linux for semiconductor manufacture

    Paul S Brown writes in comp.unix.solaris:
    |Solaris x86 will certainly run on Netfinity, and there was once a JV between
    |Sun and IBM to produce Solaris for PowerPC which actually released a version
    |of 2.4 that worked on CHRP kit.

    2.5.1 actually.

    Alan Coopersmith alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
    http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/ aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM

  2. Re: IBM bets 2.9 Billion on Linux for semiconductor manufacture

    Alan Coopersmith wrote:

    > Paul S Brown writes in comp.unix.solaris:
    > |Solaris x86 will certainly run on Netfinity, and there was once a JV
    > |between Sun and IBM to produce Solaris for PowerPC which actually
    > |released a version of 2.4 that worked on CHRP kit.
    >
    > 2.5.1 actually.

    Fair enough - I don't mind being pedanted on factual errors. It's just being
    pedanted on religious grounds that pisses me off.

    P.

+ Reply to Thread