Re: SparcStation 20 in a W2k LAN how to get to the Internet ... - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: SparcStation 20 in a W2k LAN how to get to the Internet ... - SUN ; On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:51:06 +0200, Salbei wrote: > maybe thatīs the wrong newsgroup but i hope itīs not Close enough. > i got a sparcstation 20 from my sysadmin, now i set up solaris 8 and > connected ...

  1. Re: SparcStation 20 in a W2k LAN how to get to the Internet ...

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:51:06 +0200, Salbei wrote:

    > maybe thatīs the wrong newsgroup but i hope itīs not

    Close enough.

    > i got a sparcstation 20 from my sysadmin, now i set up solaris 8 and
    > connected it to my lan, but i donīt have any sun / solaris expierience,
    > so i donīt know how to tell the sun to use my w2k server (with winroute
    > installed) as the router to connect to the internet ...

    Need to see what you already have configured. Post the output on the
    Windows machine of 'ipconfig /all' and 'netstat -rn'. Then post the
    output of 'ifconfig -a' and 'netstat -rn' on the SS20. Next, on the S20
    copy /etc/nsswitch.dns to /etc/nsswitch.conf. Then post the content of
    /etc/resolv.conf.

  2. Re: SparcStation 20 in a W2k LAN how to get to the Internet ...

    Thanks for your help,

    but because i havenīt had enough knowledge concerning the filesystem
    and copy stuff i just installed it once again and now with the right ipīs
    and the other information ... and its workin

    regards

    "Dave Uhring" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    newsan.2003.06.29.15.06.41.798787@yahoo.com...
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:51:06 +0200, Salbei wrote:
    >
    > > maybe thatīs the wrong newsgroup but i hope itīs not

    > Close enough.
    >
    > > i got a sparcstation 20 from my sysadmin, now i set up solaris 8 and
    > > connected it to my lan, but i donīt have any sun / solaris expierience,
    > > so i donīt know how to tell the sun to use my w2k server (with winroute
    > > installed) as the router to connect to the internet ...

    > Need to see what you already have configured. Post the output on the
    > Windows machine of 'ipconfig /all' and 'netstat -rn'. Then post the
    > output of 'ifconfig -a' and 'netstat -rn' on the SS20. Next, on the S20
    > copy /etc/nsswitch.dns to /etc/nsswitch.conf. Then post the content of
    > /etc/resolv.conf.

+ Reply to Thread