Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3 - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3 - SUN ; On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, James smyth wrote: > "A Linux cluster supercomputer, built for the US Lawrence Livermore National > Laboratory (LLNL) in 2002, has become the third fastest supercomputer in the > world. > > "According to the ...

  1. Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, James smyth wrote:

    > "A Linux cluster supercomputer, built for the US Lawrence Livermore National
    > Laboratory (LLNL) in 2002, has become the third fastest supercomputer in the
    > world.
    >
    > "According to the 21st TOP500 supercomputing list, the Linux Networx Evolocity
    > system, known as MCR, can process 7.6 trillion calculations per second (teraflops)
    > running the Linpack benchmark, and is the fastest Linux cluster in the world.
    >
    > "It is the highest ranking ever for a Linux cluster, according to Erich
    > Strohmaier, computer scientist at the National Energy Research Scientific
    > Computing Center/Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and co-founder of the
    > TOP500 list..."

    I'm sure that's all very nice, but why post it to a Sun newsgroup, you
    festering pustule on a pimply arse? Trolling, maybe?

    Meet thy killfile.

    --
    http://www.munted.org.uk - updated 2003/06/25.

    Telephone: A clever device by which two people in different places can
    mutually admire each other's total inability to say anything coherent

  2. Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:41:21 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:

    > I'm sure that's all very nice, but why post it to a Sun newsgroup, you
    > festering pustule on a pimply arse? Trolling, maybe?

    The OP is a well-known troll which takes every possible, plausible or not,
    opportunity to slander Sun Microsystems. Methinks she has a short market
    position in SUNW.

    > Meet thy killfile.

    Nah, it's more entertaining to read what those clueless trolls post to the
    NG.

  3. Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Dave Uhring wrote:

    > On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:41:21 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
    >
    > > I'm sure that's all very nice, but why post it to a Sun newsgroup, you
    > > festering pustule on a pimply arse? Trolling, maybe?

    > The OP is a well-known troll which takes every possible, plausible or not,
    > opportunity to slander Sun Microsystems. Methinks she has a short market
    > position in SUNW.

    "She"?

    > > Meet thy killfile.

    > Nah, it's more entertaining to read what those clueless trolls post to the
    > NG.

    You may be right.

    --
    http://www.munted.org.uk - updated 2003/06/25.

    Telephone: A clever device by which two people in different places can
    mutually admire each other's total inability to say anything coherent

  4. Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:25:17 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:

    > "She"?

    Why not? Do you know any better?

  5. Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:42:50 -0500,
    Dave Uhring , in
    wrote:
    +> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:25:17 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
    +>
    +> > "She"?
    +>
    +> Why not? Do you know any better?

    It's Linus.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  6. Re: Linux Supercomputer Now World's No. 3

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:41:21 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:

    > I'm sure that's all very nice, but why post it to a Sun newsgroup, you
    > festering pustule on a pimply arse? Trolling, maybe?

    The OP is a well-known troll which takes every possible, plausible or not,
    opportunity to slander Sun Microsystems. Methinks she has a short market
    position in SUNW.

    > Meet thy killfile.

    Nah, it's more entertaining to read what those clueless trolls post to the
    NG.

+ Reply to Thread