Re: Newisys AMD x86-64 servers - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: Newisys AMD x86-64 servers - SUN ; On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:34:33 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote: > > I am starting to see a definitive shift towards Linux solutions in > places where there was previously a Solaris-only shop. It's just an > observation I've noticed ...

  1. Re: Newisys AMD x86-64 servers

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:34:33 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:

    > I am starting to see a definitive shift towards Linux solutions in
    > places where there was previously a Solaris-only shop. It's just an
    > observation I've noticed in the last couple of months.
    >
    > Yousuf Khan

    All of us in the Western World also see the solar eclipse ;-)

    Seriously, a few engineering companies I worked in have
    surrounded Sun servers with mostly Linux workstations where
    in the past they would have bought all Sun workstations.

  2. Re: Newisys AMD x86-64 servers

    "Gomer Pyle" wrote in message
    news:SKIJa.61783$Io.5793610@newsread2.prod.itd.ear thlink.net...
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:34:33 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:
    >

    > > I am starting to see a definitive shift towards Linux solutions in
    > > places where there was previously a Solaris-only shop. It's just an
    > > observation I've noticed in the last couple of months.
    > >
    > > Yousuf Khan

    > All of us in the Western World also see the solar eclipse ;-)

    Is that some kind of a pun, i.e. "solar eclipse"?

    > Seriously, a few engineering companies I worked in have
    > surrounded Sun servers with mostly Linux workstations where
    > in the past they would have bought all Sun workstations.

    What I'm saying is that I'm starting to find that people are wanting Unix
    admins to also have a Linux background these days. It's no longer enough to
    just know Solaris.

    Yousuf Khan

+ Reply to Thread